PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 223 copies bad after drum change

Custom Search

brent
10-23-2013, 06:53 PM
replaced drum unit and devoper. did all the functions as perscribed in the service manual
made the test copies. everything looked and went fine. image density low. no codes.
yes I used oem drum unit. developer and toner. this is a copy of the sky shot.
I just don't know what I may have done. I do these 4 times a week. then this

thanks for any imput. it may be the dv unit is shot. dunno

brent22621

doinbox
10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Is this the first time you have replaced the drum on that machine or have you replaced it once before? I had a similar problem on a 283 when I replaced the drum and cleaning blade it started printing completely black pages. Couldn't find any fault so put it down to the main charge. We fit a whole new Imaging Unit and it works fine now.

nvram
10-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Hi, replace the transfer/step unit.
si

JR2ALTA
10-23-2013, 10:43 PM
it happened to me.

i installed the registration dust catcher on cockeyed, running the f8 i heard unusual noise.

i believe i sucked in millions of paper dust particles into the developer unit.

after i replaced the drum, dev and dev unit again it was 95% better but still not perfect. Luckily it wasn't noticeable on normal printing.

JR2ALTA
10-23-2013, 10:54 PM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/68848-bh223-white-spots.html

brent
10-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Is this the first time you have replaced the drum on that machine or have you replaced it once before? I had a similar problem on a 283 when I replaced the drum and cleaning blade it started printing completely black pages. Couldn't find any fault so put it down to the main charge. We fit a whole new Imaging Unit and it works fine now.
This will be the second time I have reset the machine with new drum and developer. It's a weird deal

brent
10-30-2013, 10:46 PM
I was hoping it would have corrected itself. like I light struck the drum. but I got a call back today. so I am going to replace the developer unit now. thanks for all the help. question.? new dv unit equalls new developer right? they only have 200 copies on the new developer. can I reuse? what are your thoughts guys.

and I hope I can just use the same drum unit. and redo the gradation

sorry so many questions

brent

blackcat4866
10-31-2013, 12:10 AM
On this model developing unit does not include starter. I hope you ordered both.

Does all the stuff in the manual include?:
reset life
TCR sensor adjust
gradation

That's what needs doing. =^..^=

brent
10-31-2013, 02:29 AM
I am aware the developing unit and starter are different part numbers and this is not a new machine so it is not included. Most aren't. I've answeres my own question. I am going to bite the billet and replace the developing unit and use fresh starter. To prevent contamination. And yes I have the manual and will perform all the right adjustments

brent
10-31-2013, 09:37 PM
just an update. it was the developer unit. I noticed there are a small handful of white spots still but nothing like before.
just wanted to thank those that helped with suggestions

brent

blackcat4866
10-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Cool! Thanks for checking back. =^..^=

Custom Search