PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Biz 423 66-06

Custom Search

jwrycza
10-24-2013, 11:50 PM
This machine has a DF 621 and it will not feed. It will initialize and everything is ready and, press print and the rollers won't drop and feed. It has a code66-02 but, the knowledge base is down and I can't look up any fixes. It seems like a wiring issue as all the sensors seem to read just fine. Going back right away in the morning so, any help is appreciated!

JustManuals
10-24-2013, 11:53 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blackcat4866
10-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Ok, my DF-421 did not jam, it just vanished intermittently. It was as though the DF was unplugged, then might come back later in the day. While installing the DF controller I noticed a staple floating around on the PWB.

Each time an enduser lifted the DF the staple would travel around the PWB, randomly shorting out components. Somehow the PWB survived, and works a lot better without the staple. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
10-25-2013, 12:10 AM
theres an early and late version of the 423 document feeders. The early ones with the stainless steel spring clips that hold the drop down rollers in place are shit and should be rebuilt with the update parts to bring it upto modern version style.

If the rollers are spinning and not dropping down it could be as simple as the spring clips gripping them too tight - the white arms on the drive shaft that are fitted with friction couplings that press the rollers down may also be defective.

if the rollers aren't turning at all, disregard my post ;)

wseyller
10-25-2013, 01:59 AM
theres an early and late version of the 423 document feeders. The early ones with the stainless steel spring clips that hold the drop down rollers in place are shit and should be rebuilt with the update parts to bring it upto modern version style.

If the rollers are spinning and not dropping down it could be as simple as the spring clips gripping them too tight - the white arms on the drive shaft that are fitted with friction couplings that press the rollers down may also be defective.

if the rollers aren't turning at all, disregard my post ;)

I recently just discovered that there is different clips in those doc feeders. Those steel ones you have to bend them just right. With the lid while the rollers are in the up position help by the clips you should be able to turn the gear on the end of the shaft and the rollers should drop down.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Custom Search