PDA

View Full Version : Cisco switch 6500 / Bizhub c451 Dropping off

Custom Search

konisolver
03-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Has anyone out there experience the dropping off having to reboot every morning to get the unit back on-line or on the network? We have a couple of C451's that every morning the customer has to reboot in order to get them back on the network. We have the switch and copiers at 100 full duplex.

Haroldbfix
03-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Does the the machine have a Fiery installed?

konisolver
03-04-2008, 05:04 AM
no Fiery on this unit.

nmfaxman
03-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Are they set for DHCP?

konisolver
03-04-2008, 04:57 PM
No they are static. The speed is set to 100 full duplex.

EntMgmt
03-06-2008, 02:21 PM
We are seeing the same thing. The static ip printers are set to match the settings of cisco switches. We have tried different speeds and duplexes with no luck. We placed a linksys mini-switch betweent the cisco switch and the printer. This has helped, but not completely resolved the issue. We are always able to ping the printer but the web interface and the printing (via port 9100) does not work. A power cycle is the only way to get the printer to start printing again.

I have done a packet trace to and do not see any abnormalities in the traffic around the time they go off line. We have upgraded the firmware to the latest version, no effect. It appears it does not loose the entire tcp/ip stack as it responds to pings, i can connect via telnet to port 80 and 9100 but any requests immediately close the telnet session.

Does anyone have any idea what to do next or have a resolution?

konisolver
03-06-2008, 03:05 PM
After trying so many things i believe we have come up with a short term solution. It is not the answer but it has work for the last couple of days while I wait for the capture data and field support.

Step 1 - disable all protocols on the unit i.e. snmp/ipp/smb/ipx/mac
Step 2 - Enable the weekly timer on the unit example of how we have our C451's . Turn on at 4:35am and turn off at 11:59 pm. What this does is re-establish the communication with the switch and makes it available on the network.
Step 3 - Drop the speed of the switch/copier to 10 half duplex. I found out that our units only work on half duplex and not full. So even if you change it to 100 full it is really not talking at that speed. Don't worry about the speed of the scanner or printer you will not even noticed the changes.

i have gone 3 days with the nic and switch working together with those changes. do you have a screenshot of the capture data?

droppingip
07-28-2008, 04:23 PM
did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? I am experiencing it also.
I have even assigned this IP as a static IP in my switch and bound it to the MAC address of the copier, and it still drops the connection.
The only way I can get the copier to find the IP again is to turn off the c451, and then unplug it, wait a few, and then replug it and start it back up.
any ideas?:confused:

samarrattan
12-18-2008, 09:45 PM
This has caused problems for all the Konica Units we ever had (On a Cisco Catalyst 6500). 7145s, C450, C451s. You can have the Network Admin turnoff PoE on the relevant ports, (but that still caused problems for use.) I ended up using Netgear switches (stuck to the back of the units using velcro) to clean out the cisco garbage and clean up the traffic going to both the emperon and the fiery.

Problems went away.

kmcopier
12-18-2008, 10:26 PM
It's not garbage please check the firmware of the cisco we had also problems whith some on different customers and after updating everthing was ok.

second one is Do you have a fluke nettool ? check the network connection sometime you see that the signal is to low place a small switch in front of the machine.
Also then for some switches latest firmware 3com,cisco

konisolver
12-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Where do you get the firmware levels for the switch and do they apply to all environments?Also what signal strength are you getting?

Custom Search