PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C550 right door open limit switch faulty

Custom Search

westvandude
10-28-2013, 08:50 PM
There are two switches. A microswitch on a spring pivot further up. Then there's a switch with a push pin. The push pin switch is fried. It is a heavy duty 16A 125-250vac double pole double throw normally open switch.

Markings are:
HST 0308AZ
FA1L25T85 5E4
FA1

A sort of logo that looks like "HRS".

It has four automotive male spade type connectors. When closed in proper operation by the door the contacts close and upper brown connectors are connected to lower white connectors. Two parallel connections.

You have to remove rear cover, right door rear side covers, LAN & Fiery cables. A good handful of screws. Swing the entire mainboard assembly on the rear of the machine open. Then remove the lower left blower fan. Upper microswitch can be tested/changed without removing that blower fan.

I'm just going to jerry-rig the switch connections for now as I got a ton of printing to do and can't wait for days for a switch.

If anyone has ever replaced this and sources it other than KM please let me know where and a part number.

westvandude
10-28-2013, 10:00 PM
I fixed it!!! :D

I pulled the switch out and took the actual switch apart. There are two contact bars and four springs inside. DON'T lose the springs. I used a tiny wire brush to clean up the contacts. Then isopropyl alcohol on q-tip. Put the switch back together. Tested continuity - it worked. Slapped it in and reassembled the unit. Left rear covers off just in case. But it worked like a charm!

Must have been just enough carbon cr*p on the contacts to stop it from working.

EarthKmTech
10-28-2013, 10:40 PM
The big black spring loaded power switch is just the fusing power safety switch - it was deleted on the C452 series. If it is the actual problem you would have a fusing malfunction code.

The microswitch swinging on the fusing drive assembly is the right hand door open switch.

westvandude
11-27-2013, 08:34 PM
After it worked for a while, same issue. Opened door to pull out a paper jam and same damn error again. So left the panels off the rear of the machine, re-seated the ram, etc on the main board. When you jiggle the microswitch it's happy again and problem solved. So it's likely the switch or the two red wires right there. Gonna get a switch and see what happens.

JustManuals
11-27-2013, 09:00 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

westvandude
11-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Uh...... thanks but I have all the service manuals for it and then some.... buddy is a KM tech. Besides if you look around you can find them for free download. I have to be honest... not the best quality service manuals I've seen compared to other industries.

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

experiencedesign
07-25-2018, 03:52 PM
EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE! The guy SELLING PDFs of what KONICA MINOLTA offers us FOR FREE is STEALING & VIOLATING INTERNATIONAL COPYRIGHT LAWS!

PLEASE! Click the ! (TRIANGLE) and REPORT HIM! Instead of HELPING ANSWER POSTS, he’s JUST TRYING TO PROFIT OFF YOUR PROBLEMS!

Synthohol
07-25-2018, 06:04 PM
DUDE! fan your biscuits bub, firstly this thread is 5 years old and secondly we lost Paul in 2014 so reporting it is futile and makes you look bad.
if any post breaks the forum rules we have moderators for that, we dont require volunteer forum cops especially with only 4 posts but thanks anyway.

Custom Search