PDA

View Full Version : 601 no heat and freezing SM?

Custom Search

Synaux
11-03-2013, 07:37 AM
I got a 601 that the !@#$ing web roller wrapped around the upper fuser roller (my fault for leaving slack like a moron--this is why I avoid work when feeling crapulous).

Okay, so I did something stupid, but I got that nasty stuff out of the roller with some care and performed a full PM (including drum and developer) and installed a new web roller all at once.

Now, the entire fuser section will not heat up at all.
I get alternating 3901 and 3803 codes which is entirely understandable as they are codes for the thermistor not reporting an adequate heat level.

Fusing section not heating aside, in Service Mode, when I attempt to do anything I am prompted with "please wait 3901 [or 3801]" and becomes unresponsive. Obviously, I cannot flash the firmware via USB at this point and internet ISW is not possible as the controller is not fully engaging (if at all).

I have physically checked the entire fusing unit, PRCB and wiring and everything looks okay. I would check the Fusing Power Board (FPB) board, but Konica's documentation seems to be lacking so I have yet to locate it to inspect it.¿

I performed the CF card recovery (10.0_Base) just for the hell of it...no change

I have considered a bad heating lamp causing a circuit break to all four bulbs, but not sure if one heating lamp will cause all others to fail and I doubt all suddenly burned up (if any)--perhaps someone smarter than me can clarify?

Running out of ideas other than replacing boards--simply wrapping a web roller shouldn't destroy the FPB or PRCB...

blaze2000
11-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Those are fuser errors so be sure to set dip switch 3-1 to zero to reset the machine. Also, you may have to boot directly into service mode.

JustManuals
11-03-2013, 08:20 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

fixthecopier
11-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I would check each lamp with a meter, then change the thermistors. How does the plug in for the fuser look, maybe a pinched wire? Odds are, If it worked before you touched it, it is something you touched.

Synaux
11-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Thanks guys, I got it.
It was definitely the firmware! I was able to get into the trouble reset mode (press the utility button and hold it before pressing the sub power switch next to the panel).
I was able to successfully write the MFP-20 firmware to it (although, the finisher option wasn't available, but did it afterward).
Fixing section fully operational now.

Those are fuser errors so be sure to set dip switch 3-1 to zero to reset the machine. Also, you may have to boot directly into service mode.

Yes, I did want to set the dip switch, but I couldn't get SM to respond.

Now, I cannot print to it for some reason.
I initialized the network, have the correct network settings and able to ping it also tried LPR and RAW port settings...?
Edit: Might be worth noting that SMB scans work.

Synaux
11-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Formatted the HDD and printing works. doh

The only other thing is that there are no options in the finisher section (service mode and administrator/expert mode).

Custom Search