PDA

View Full Version : Close section properly c350

Custom Search

copierlady
11-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Hey guys,
working on a biz hub 350.
When you put paper in the adf, the machine has "close section properly" message. N it is indicating to close the whole adf section, not just the feeder section on the left. Both sections are closed, i can see nothing indicating a problem.
Any ideas out there? Do ya even remember this machine? Seems like a problem i dealt with a long time ago, but i can't remember what the solution was?
Thanks

copier addict
11-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Make sure the DF is straight. The magnet on the DF has to line up with reed switch under the front scanner cover.
Hope this helps
Darren

emujo
11-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Haven't worked on a C350, but the newer models use a combo of sensors and the CCD to determine paper size of the glass, possibly you have a bad sensor causing the MFP to mis-detect something on the platen. You should be able to verify by putting LT on the glass, lower the feeder until lamp turns on, and watch to see what size is detected. If it sees the paper, but mis detects the width, then it's CCD, length would be one of the sensors. Emujo

darry1322
11-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Make sure the DF is straight. The magnet on the DF has to line up with reed switch under the front scanner cover.
Hope this helps
Darren

My money is on this..I've seen it a few times. User grabs doc feed to move the copier and eventually it gets out of alignment.

JustManuals
11-04-2013, 09:17 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

copierlady
11-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks for your help. The problem was the magnet and the switch. Off just a hair and the screws in the henge were loose.
Thanks again

Custom Search