PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub c224e

Custom Search

abaumgarner
11-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub c224e that has recently stopped working like it used to. Now it seems that every time it falls asleep it will not wake-up via the network, when a print job is sent to it, or with the control panel interface. I can ping the address just fine but when trying to access the web interface all I get is a page that will not load, either I get a blank page or a continuous loading symbol. In order to get to the page I have to hard restart the copier. Then I only have a 2 or 3 minute window before it stops working. I have ruled out the possibility that another device on the network is getting the IP address. I did a ping /t then unplugged the network cable, saw that it stopped ping like it should and replugged in the network cable. Which got it to ping again.
Any suggestions on what may be causing this or what I need to test and rule out?
Thank you.

minimerlin
11-04-2013, 07:15 PM
There is a Firmware update out that covers 280 fixes! I suggest that you start by loading this onto your machine..or get a tech if you are an end user.

abaumgarner
11-04-2013, 07:23 PM
I am a tech that is working on it but we are leasing it from another company. So we had a tech from the company that we lease it from come out and take a look at it a week or two ago. They said they did a firmware update on it. Is there anyway on the machine to see what the firmware version is? Just to verify that it is up to the latest.

wseyller
11-04-2013, 11:09 PM
User settings, printer settings, reports, print config page

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Phrag
11-05-2013, 05:31 AM
Just a stab in the dark here; Can you try printing via USB without having the MFD connected to the network?

LPetrov
11-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi i have a same problem. I have installed latest mass production firmware G20-A9 MSG4 from 2013-11-15 and the problem exist. Machine work fine but after 15 to 20 minutes freezes. When the machine is in sleep mode it doesnt awake. When the machine is normal mode it freezes and cant go to sleep mode. In this two ways it doesnt print. Please Help.

stan780953
12-01-2013, 05:36 PM
I've heard a rumour that the memory on the MFP board is at fault and causing mahcine to freeze.

JustManuals
12-01-2013, 07:19 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

occus
12-02-2013, 12:07 PM
i had the same experience on a develop ineo+224e/ bizhub c224e .. firmware G20-A9.
Power off/on after the problem is fixed... works now since 2 days... we will see.

what you can try is to make the same adjustments like if a fax is installed... (erp sleep out...)

JAK01
12-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I agree MFP board, I had one of these do exactly the same, been Ok for last 3 months.

MFP boards on these are a little bit suspect on this range.

tech51
12-04-2013, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=occus;391899]i had the same experience on a develop ineo+224e/ bizhub c224e .. firmware G20-A9.
Power off/on after the problem is fixed... works now since 2 days... we will see.

The firmware has been updated to GD1-A9. One of the fixes is for panel freezing/sleep problems. Worth trying before ordering an expensive mfp board I think....

jwrycza
12-04-2013, 10:20 PM
All of the E series COLOR machines use the same Firmware. It is GC1-A9. Use this version as it is compatible with the G00 series FW. I have run into a ton of these with the same problem and all are fixed with this FW. Unless you have a Gov. contract, this should work and is on the download selector. Hope this helps!

tech51
12-04-2013, 10:30 PM
All of the E series COLOR machines use the same Firmware. It is GC1-A9. Use this version as it is compatible with the G00 series FW. I have run into a ton of these with the same problem and all are fixed with this FW. Unless you have a Gov. contract, this should work and is on the download selector. Hope this helps!

Just to clarify its GD1-A9 in the UK, may be different in other regions. Also do make sure you get the correct firmware for the model you are on. It's broken down as follows. C364e range, c554e range and c754e range. They have the same version number but are different and will cause problems if installed on the wrong machine....

jwrycza
12-05-2013, 03:59 AM
Just to clarify its GD1-A9 in the UK, may be different in other regions. Also do make sure you get the correct firmware for the model you are on. It's broken down as follows. C364e range, c554e range and c754e range. They have the same version number but are different and will cause problems if installed on the wrong machine....

In the US, they are the same for the color machines. I have done over 20 "e" series machines and not had a problem with any of them.

LPetrov
12-05-2013, 05:24 AM
I resolved my problem with GD1-A9 firmware. This is a special firmware. First update to massproduct firmware G20-A9 then update to GD1-A9. And the problem is fixed.

avecosat
12-17-2013, 06:40 PM
I have a C224e that dont wake up from the sleep mode , i try to install a new firmware but when is downloading the MFP firmware is NG . DF ,scanner and printer updated ok . I change the memory, I disconnect the HD and I try with the reset tool , now I am going to try a change the MFP but I am lost , please help me :) Thanks .

Custom Search