PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 601 with ic 208 controller has to be rebooted all the time

Custom Search

brent
11-04-2013, 07:12 PM
like the title states. printing is fine from all computers. then all the sudden a job will not print. it does not seem to show a list of jobs hanging. but then an off and on of the machine. then it starts printing out. I thought it was a switch or something in the network. but I dont know.
I have the service manual pr inted off in the print controller section. it doesnt really give me a lot of info. is there a reboot feature. I know on the di 5510 you could go into the print controller and reboot. could I get a hand? thanks

brent

emujo
11-04-2013, 08:23 PM
My advice would be to put a packet sniffer like wire shark to help determine where the issue is. I've had a few things cause this issue though...
Duplicate IP, DHCP sever not liking the static IP address, bad (intermittent) switch, and in one case a workstation was trying to print via an OPEN API port. This was locking the machine up but only the wire shark could help us resolve this. Ed

mikez
11-05-2013, 04:53 AM
Try having customer reboot all computers in the office. I've had this happen several times.

I've had a computer send a bad print job over and over causing the copier to constantly reboot.

Synaux
11-05-2013, 05:08 AM
I have little to offer, but I have had/continue to have bizarre controller issues with two 601s, albeit not your issue (and also with it's predecessor--several 7255s).
I tend to view these machines as having something weak in the programming, but perhaps its my lack of luck.

If things do not get better, you may consider re-initializing the network and set a different static ip and perhaps firmware/cf card recovery (not sure if the cf card is relevant tho).

Do you have any authentication set?

Custom Search