PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine firmware C224e

Custom Search

fancheta
11-05-2013, 04:49 PM
I had an error code CFA14 on a new install of a c224e. I tried reformatting and replacing the hd, i also tried replacing the ram. Lastly, I tried updating the firmware to the lastest and the fw that came with the machine only do have the MFP saying "NG" when updating.

Now whenever, I try to boot the machine normally i would get this message:

Firmware Update
Error
This is invalid External Memory
Please make sure the External Memory

Any suggestions that I can try?

JustManuals
11-05-2013, 07:31 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

JustManuals
11-05-2013, 07:36 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com (http://www.justmanuals.com/)

paul@justmanuals.com

CompyTech
11-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Code points to: "Thread software error". Components: MFPB, Mem Board 1 or 2, or HDD.

Try to reformat the stick or try a different stick for f/w.

CompyTech
11-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Sorry edit button is not responding. Make sure also you're using the correct f/w slot on the MFP.. :)

Good luck.

fancheta
11-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Sorry edit button is not responding. Make sure also you're using the correct f/w slot on the MFP.. :)

Good luck.

Tried about 4 different USB sticks newly formatted. Even tried redownloading the fw(correct fw)

blaze2000
11-06-2013, 02:02 AM
Well right now its seems like the machine is stuck in an update.. meaning it still trying to update the f/w. What happens when you turn the machine on with the 224e f/w in the service usb port... latest version is GD1-A9 just released 11-1-13? Does it attempt to update at all?

SmellsHot
11-06-2013, 03:13 AM
Make sure ur using the 'e' firmware and not c224 firmware.

fancheta
11-06-2013, 04:30 AM
Well right now its seems like the machine is stuck in an update.. meaning it still trying to update the f/w. What happens when you turn the machine on with the 224e f/w in the service usb port... latest version is GD1-A9 just released 11-1-13? Does it attempt to update at all?When I turn on the machine with that current fw, it will go to the fw update screen where you chose what to update. I start it up and it will update all the other components but the MFP saying "N.G.".

fancheta
11-06-2013, 04:30 AM
Make sure ur using the 'e' firmware and not c224 firmware.Yeah, I am using the correct fw.

Synaux
11-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Considering the it may be hardware, I have had some luck in removing the MFP board dousing it (particularly the connections/ports) with contact cleaner and reassembling. Also check for bad caps (pretty rare, but still) or worse burns, etc.

Also, I am not terribly familiar with this machine, but some MFP boards require the RAM to be installed in one particular slot (bottom one--if memory serves)

...What happens when you disconnect the HDD?

blaze2000
11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I sounds like maybe the MFP board is bad. your abort code points to the mfp board and your firmware update works, just not on the mfp board. I would call Konica Minolta and get a warranty replacement.

blaze2000
11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
edit post button seems to not work for me... I forgot to mention you can try, in service mode to unset the hdd. If it boots normally then the hdd may be bad.

fancheta
11-06-2013, 04:25 PM
edit post button seems to not work for me... I forgot to mention you can try, in service mode to unset the hdd. If it boots normally then the hdd may be bad.yeah, i've tried doing that but I can even get into service mode. It's basically stuck at the FW screen (invalid external memory) when I try to boot without a usb in the service port. Trouble reset as well takes me straight to the invalid external memory screen.

Synaux
11-06-2013, 05:51 PM
yeah, i've tried doing that but I can even get into service mode. It's basically stuck at the FW screen (invalid external memory) when I try to boot without a usb in the service port. Trouble reset as well takes me straight to the invalid external memory screen.Instead of unsetting the HDD disconnect it. This should force another code which may allow you to temporarily circumvent that error and get into service mode and start fooling around.

fancheta
11-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Instead of unsetting the HDD disconnect it. This should force another code which may allow you to temporarily circumvent that error and get into service mode and start fooling around.

is there a way to get out of that FW screen stating "Error, This is Invalid External Memory, Please make sure the external memory."

It seems to go to this even when the HDD is unplugged.

wseyller
11-07-2013, 03:25 AM
Replace the MFP board. Make sure you follow bulletin #8461 after replacement.

fancheta
11-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Instead of unsetting the HDD disconnect it. This should force another code which may allow you to temporarily circumvent that error and get into service mode and start fooling around.

when disconnecting the hdd, same problem occurs. I replaced the HDD and the MFP today and when trying to update the firmware, the machine would hang at the bootup screen.

blaze2000
11-12-2013, 10:23 PM
So when you installed the new mfp board you werent able to boot up? Or did you try flashing the firware rightaway?

fancheta
11-12-2013, 10:53 PM
So when you installed the new mfp board you werent able to boot up? Or did you try flashing the firware rightaway?

Trying to update the fw right away

wseyller
11-12-2013, 11:34 PM
when disconnecting the hdd, same problem occurs. I replaced the HDD and the MFP today and when trying to update the firmware, the machine would hang at the bootup screen.

Did you follow bulletin 8461 after replacing the mfp board? It is critical. The mfp board is the same for all the e series. But before you can just boot up you have to program the board so it knows what model of copier you installed it in. This requires having a USB drive with firmware in the service port to boot up the firmware screen. The purpose of this is not to update firmware because that is not what your doing here. In the firmware screen there is a machine fix button that you have to enter two codes in that corresponds with your model. Then there is a couple reboots and other special steps to follow. It is all in bulletin 8461.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Mr Spock
11-12-2013, 11:36 PM
On the 4 series there is a special order to replacing the mfp pwb. It has been updated 3 times that I know of.

CAUSE: Board replacement procedures are not correctly followed.

SOLUTION: Follow the below procedure when replacing the MFP board.
CAUTION: Before replacing the MFP board, perform [Service Mode] g [Enhanced Security] g [NVRAM Data Backup] to back up data.
1. Turn OFF the machine and unplug it. Remove any covers necessary to obtain access to the MFPB.
2. Replace the MFPB (p/n A4FMH02204 for bizhub C224; p/n A161H02104 for bizhub C284/C364 or p/n A2XKH02004 for bizhub C454/C554/C654/C754).
WARNING: If the Reset Tool is to be used after replacing the MFPB, please carefully read the attached instructions.
3. Insert the USB stick with the latest firmware loaded on the root; then power the machine ON. Do not update the firmware at this time.
4. Touch [Machine Type Select] key on the panel.
5. Enter the following [Machine] and [Type] information, and then touch [Fix].
http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/media/Knova_Media/bizhub_machine_type.png
Note: Entering the incorrect Machine or Type will result in code C9401.
6. Turn OFF the Main power switch, then remove the USB memory.
7. Turn ON the Main power switch; CD390 is indicated along with Japanese characters.
8. Let the machine reboot automatically two times.
9. After the 2nd reboot, code CD390 will display again, but now with English text, and a “Restore Data" button is also indicated on the panel.
Note: It may take up to 5 minutes before the English text appears.
10. Touch [Yes] on the restore screen to restore the data from SSDB to MFP board.
11. Turn the Main power switch OFF/ON.
Notes:
a. The original SSD board should have no problem and can be installed with the MFP board.
b. When replacing the MFP board with another one, never use the combination of a used MFP board removed from another machine and the original SSD board. This combination causes corruption of stored data. The combination of the original MFP board and a used SSD board removed from another machine also causes the same problem.

evilprince
03-12-2018, 06:02 PM
use a 2ggb drive, 1.1 or 2.0 only. try only selecting the ng board

avio2
07-03-2018, 04:28 PM
On the 4 series there is a special order to replacing the mfp pwb. It has been updated 3 times that I know of.

CAUSE: Board replacement procedures are not correctly followed.

SOLUTION: Follow the below procedure when replacing the MFP board.
CAUTION: Before replacing the MFP board, perform [Service Mode] g [Enhanced Security] g [NVRAM Data Backup] to back up data.
1. Turn OFF the machine and unplug it. Remove any covers necessary to obtain access to the MFPB.
2. Replace the MFPB (p/n A4FMH02204 for bizhub C224; p/n A161H02104 for bizhub C284/C364 or p/n A2XKH02004 for bizhub C454/C554/C654/C754).
WARNING: If the Reset Tool is to be used after replacing the MFPB, please carefully read the attached instructions.
3. Insert the USB stick with the latest firmware loaded on the root; then power the machine ON. Do not update the firmware at this time.
4. Touch [Machine Type Select] key on the panel.
5. Enter the following [Machine] and [Type] information, and then touch [Fix].
http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/media/Knova_Media/bizhub_machine_type.png
Note: Entering the incorrect Machine or Type will result in code C9401.
6. Turn OFF the Main power switch, then remove the USB memory.
7. Turn ON the Main power switch; CD390 is indicated along with Japanese characters.
8. Let the machine reboot automatically two times.
9. After the 2nd reboot, code CD390 will display again, but now with English text, and a “Restore Data" button is also indicated on the panel.
Note: It may take up to 5 minutes before the English text appears.
10. Touch [Yes] on the restore screen to restore the data from SSDB to MFP board.
11. Turn the Main power switch OFF/ON.
Notes:
a. The original SSD board should have no problem and can be installed with the MFP board.
b. When replacing the MFP board with another one, never use the combination of a used MFP board removed from another machine and the original SSD board. This combination causes corruption of stored data. The combination of the original MFP board and a used SSD board removed from another machine also causes the same problem.

hello i have problem whit ssd (reboot continuely)but not have a new ssd for change
if i mount used SSD board removed from another machine what problem have??????????
only change conuter ad serial number or malfuntional

thank you

Miller
08-21-2018, 03:37 PM
We are experiencing the same issue with our C364e. I'm not seeing a final solution. Would you please let us know your fix.
Thanks,

Miller time

Custom Search