PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c351 touch screen problem

Custom Search

alejandro
03-05-2008, 02:58 AM
Hi all,

I am having a problem with a bizhub c351. The touch screen does not work.
the machine seems fine, but the touch doesnt work. Can anybody help?

thanks

just a tech
03-05-2008, 03:07 AM
sounds like ya need another touch screen.. best advice i can give ya is to call a service tech.. good luck

alejandro
03-05-2008, 03:19 AM
How can I take it apart? I remove all the screws but I still couldnt not do it. any advise on how?

thanks

random
03-05-2008, 05:46 AM
two screws on either end of the control panel behind rubber bungs

mitchl
03-05-2008, 09:34 PM
two screws on either end of the control panel behind rubber bungs
A rubber bung huh!................ I had a girl friend once who enjoyed her rubber bung, god I miss her!

The real question is what is this person going to do once he gets the touch screen apart, wave a magic wand to fix it? Call a tech to fix the machine you are just adding insult to injury by dissecting the poor thing and possibly doing more damage which could increase the overall repair total........... Remember, if all else fails leave it the hell alone and call the A team in to fix it.

mikeena
03-05-2008, 11:21 PM
before you go doing all that try this. thurn off machine. turn on main power. once that is done hold down the utility key and turn on sub power. trouble reset will appear see if the screen works now

alejandro
03-06-2008, 02:53 AM
Hi all, I opened the screen and SOME part of it worked. It seems that some part of the screen is frozen or something. Ill try to restart the machine. The reason that Im trying yo fond advise by myself is that in this country I cant find support for this machines. I just moved back here to start a small biz and I dont know my way around much yet.

thanks

random
03-06-2008, 04:54 AM
ummmm, reset the ribbon connectors...problem fixed.

alejandro
03-06-2008, 11:33 AM
How do I reset the ribbon connectors?

thanks

DCPS
03-06-2008, 12:30 PM
How do I reset the ribbon connectors?

thanks

The red one goes to touch screen and the blue one to the machine. I don't think though, that reseting this will solve your problem but you can give it a try.

ebm
03-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I hope you tried to perform the "touch panel adjustment" in the Accessibility mode before you decided to take the panel apart.

The touch panel sensitivity may only have needed adjustment.
Page 4-33 of the Copy Operations Guide or page 160 of the Field Service Guide. Hope you didn't f*** things up for nothing by trying to disassemble the panel.

mikeena
03-06-2008, 08:41 PM
yeah that would cause some issues. thats why i was saying just try the trouble reset i believe it bypasses and dont need adjustment. but hay now you know how to do it. lmao

alejandro
03-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Thanks to DCPS, my machine is now working fine. It took a couple restart, but everything seems to be working fine. I think the (OK) butting kind of dont work from time to time, but other then that its all good. I will post any changes.

thank you all for your help.

alejandro
05-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi all,

Finally it seems that the touch panel gave up or something. One day it just stopped working and its not responding. I also tried to clean the waste toner box and after I putted back in, I got an error C-3451. I think I could get it back to normal by restarting the machine, but the problem is the Touch screen not working now.

any advise?

thanks

nmfaxman
05-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Try doing the touch screen adjustment. RTFB

alejandro
05-17-2008, 06:14 PM
I did the touch screen adjustment, and it did not work. Anything else that I can do? I still have the error code c- 3451 problem.

Where can I buy a touch screen for this machine?

thanks

ebm
05-19-2008, 05:22 PM
The reason the touch screen does not work is because the machine has lock up for the fuser failure code c3451. Call a technician to repair the fuser failure and reset the code. Fuser failures can only be reset by a technician to prevent overheating and fire hazards.

alejandro
05-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Is there any way that I can do it myself? Techs are very expensive here. can I get some directions on how to do this. Thanks

mitchl
05-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Go back to post number 6 and do what he said, if the code comes back you will need to call a tech......PERIOD!

alejandro
05-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks all for the help. I did post 6 and I did resset the machine,
it works fine now, the screen is ok and the error went away. The only thing now is that the prints are not as clear, they look fussy and blurry. Is there something that I need to clean or calibrate the colors? Thanks

mitchl
05-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks all for the help. I did post 6 and I did resset the machine,
it works fine now, the screen is ok and the error went away. The only thing now is that the prints are not as clear, they look fussy and blurry. Is there something that I need to clean or calibrate the colors? Thanks
Expert user mode.................. gradation adjustment, that's if someone taught you how to do it or you have the Administrator handbook........... Second column of numbers must be + or minus 100 with no zero's and the 4th column must be plus or minus 60 with no zero's. run each of the 3 modes 3 times........... Follow the instructions in the manual and good luck!

alejandro
05-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Can somebody send me a copy of the admin manual for this machine and also the c-252 thanks a lot.

alejandro
05-23-2008, 09:41 PM
hi, anybody please? I'm trying to get the service manual for the bizhub c351 and c252, Thaks for your help in advance

alejandro
05-28-2008, 03:46 AM
bump

Accentcp
05-28-2008, 10:19 PM
try the focus intensity adj..Turn up the volume....

Custom Search