PDA

View Full Version : C754/654 Tray 3 Jamming...

Custom Search

11-12-2013, 09:04 PM
I have some of these that never jam and some that continually jam. I have replaced the feed assembly with some success where others still seem to jam. Am I the only one that's seeing this?

emujo
11-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Replace CL3 this is the clutch that drives the LCC flyover inlet section. The part # is the same as the bizhub 751 series, but the design has changed slightly, not sure if this is the problem, but you can take the same clutch from a 751 with 1M+ copies and it will work better than the re-designed 1. Emujo

EarthKmTech
11-12-2013, 09:59 PM
whats the jam code ?

if its 17xx from tray 3 check the metal bracket in the feed unit that holds the paper feed actuator under the top cover. with tray 2 removed, insert a sheet of paper in it and close the tray, watch in sensor check and apply light pressure to the actuator to try to close it - if you can change the state with a sheet of paper in it it will cause phantom jams in operation due to the normal bouncing of the actuator during feed. The cure is to bend the bracket down slightly. known issue.

goethe
09-16-2015, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info

EarthKmTech
09-16-2015, 10:55 AM
the other thing we have been seeing recently is endless feeding from tray 3 or 4 - the machine will pickup additional sheets after the first one has been fed like a multi page job but on a single page job. Naturally the machine is displeased with this and throws a jam.

It is a malfunction of the paper feed driver board. The same thing happens on the 652 series too.

Custom Search