PDA

View Full Version : 'correctly position paper in bypass tray' error

Custom Search

swt
11-13-2013, 03:10 PM
We've got an issue printing compliment slips from the bypass tray on a couple of bizhubs (C360 and C280). The slips we use are a non-standard size, 210mm x 99mm, but we did get them to print ok last week. However, we now can't get them to print but I don't know what haschanged and, no matter what I try, I can't get past the 'correctly position paper in the bypass tray' error on the machine placing the slip with the short side feeding in. If I turn the paper around with the long side feeding it proceeds to print but doesn't get far 'jamming' at the right-side fuser unit.

We last had it working using the settings below and I'd really appreciate any assistance to get it working again.

Word Document
Page Orientation: Landscape

Print Driver
Original Size (My Tab): A4
Paper Size (My Tab): Custom (Width: 99.0mm Length: 210mm)
Original Size (Basic Tab): A4
Paper Size: (Basic Tab): Custom Size
Zoom: Manual (100%)
Paper Tray: Bypass Tray
Paper Type: Plain Paper

copier addict
11-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Do you have the bypass tray set up as a custom size on the machine as well?

swt
11-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Do you have the bypass tray set up as a custom size on the machine as well?

I did try this earlier today but the custom size was not available when I went to 'Paper Tray Setting' at the error screen. It is available now though - I just went to test again - and it prints fine when the custom entry is selected. This does require user input at the printer but I'm sure we can live with that.

Many Thanks

Custom Search