PDA

View Full Version : Silly locations that you've seen printers or copiers sitting.

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

Phrag
11-14-2013, 02:33 AM
I recall seeing a Kyocera FS-1370 bolted down to a shelf in a truck that would go on road-trips for service calls on industrial equipment at mines and such.

I wonder why it had to be cleaned out all the time...

blackcat4866
11-14-2013, 02:52 AM
Way back we had a Mita DC-161 that was at a church. It was sitting on a 1/2" thick piece of plate glass with 2" x 4" wooden legs. The legs were not attached to the glass in any way (except maybe gravity), and each time I ran a copy, the machine jiggled on its 'stand'. I was afraid to stand too close in case the machine crashed on my legs or feet. When I expressed concern about the 'table', the priest said: "If God wanted it to fall, it would have by now."

I had a Mita DC-111C inside a wooden cabinet. The cabinet was built around the machine, and it did not fit through the door. To clean the optics I would have to rotate the machine this way and that, to get it disassembled ... like a ship in a bottle.

I had a Canon NP-6050 with sorter, that was in a cubicle 4 ft x 4 ft, and the remaining inches were filled with mailboxes. None of the doors could be opened. The toner could not be installed. There was various miscellaneous mail piled all over the machine and sorter bins. Each visit I would have to find the manager, and tell him that I cannot service the machine in it's present location. It took 1/2 hour to an hour to disassemble all the crap piled around the machine and the cube opened up, before I could get a door open. Every visit was the same.

A few years ago I was called out to examine a couple of 15 yr old HP plotters for a possible service contract, that had been stored in a barn for the last 5 years. The covers were coated in bat shit. The ink cartridges had hardened up solid years ago. They also wanted these plotters connected ... except that there was nowhere to connect serial cables to the Win7 64bit computers, even if the plotters were serviceable. It's hard to know where to start ... to list all the reasons why this isn't going to work.
=^..^=

vincent64
11-14-2013, 03:03 AM
Some years ago, when I worked for the other place, we had a cust. with a Sharp SD 2060 with a 20 bin sorter, ya'll recall them, it was located in a closet in a nursing home, it fit wall to wall in there, if you needed to do any work, it had to be moved out into the hall way, not fun when it was hair day, as the beauty shop was at the end of the hall.

Phrag
11-14-2013, 03:42 AM
I'm glad that none of our machines are located in such terrible environments. I absolutely loathe not having enough room to kneel down and place parts and tools around me.

Although some locations are a bit of a squeeze, nothing is as bad as blackcat's little 4' x4' cupboard.

mojorolla
11-14-2013, 04:39 AM
Right on the carpeted floor!!! So cheap they won't spring for a stand.
Run your cheap ass to the local megastore and buy a $20 particle board table.
On deals without stands, the warehouse boys bring 3/4 plywood and a saw...just in case.

We have one on the floor at a gym. I must admit I chuckle watching those meatheads on all fours clearing jams.

Had a nursing home and the machine was right under the time clock. Every 3 minutes someone had to punch in, out, lunch, etc. PMs were a slow lengthy hell words could never truly describe.
And after all that, there was a resident who would sit there and say the phrase "I love you" about every 10 seconds. At first, I wanted to take my own life with a screwdriver, but over the years, I grew to look forward that old bird. One day, no more "I love you"; she had passed. I freely admit it made me sad.

A diesel truck repair shop. All the fans turn black from the fumes. Drum surfaces don't last very long in that environment.

A rock crushing plant. Need I say more?

Any public school. Anyone who has ever had to service theses KNOWS what I am talking about.

:)

slimslob
11-14-2013, 06:10 AM
Any public school. Anyone who has ever had to service theses KNOWS what I am talking about.

:)

What is wrong with public schools?

I have 5 machines at Wasco Elementary, two in the district office and three in the Resource Center. Includes two color units and a Pro 1107 EX. Ten at Wasco High School including 2 color units and a Pro 1107 EX ans an old analog. Rio Bravo Greeley has a Pro 907 EX. Buttonwillow elementary has an 8075.

Taft City Schools has a Pro 1357 EX with a LCIT, a Cover Interposer, a Multifold Unit, and a Booklet Finisher and a Pro 1107EX with a Booklet Maker at the warehouse. An MP C4502 and a LD250 at the District Office. Taft Primary has two MP 3352s. Conley has an MP 4001 and a high speed duplicator. Lincoln Junior High has an MP 2851 and an MP 5001 at the main campus and an MPC 3352 at the annex. Rosevelt has an MP 2851 and a high speed duplicator. And parkview and Jefferson both have MP 3352s.

For a problem location try a prison. I used to work on over 20 MFPs at the California Correctional Institute in Tehachapi. You had to leave your cell phone at the main gate. Most locations were at least 100 yards from the parking at each level to gate into the level. Correction officers were extrmely rough on equipment. If there was an incident with an inmate while you were there, you were locked down until the incident was resolved. Almost got snowed in one time. The state finally lowered the rate they pay for a contract to below what it cost us for supplies so we didn't renew.

coolbeer
11-14-2013, 10:36 AM
I got called to an RAF base to look at an old Ricoh copier with occasional blurred prints, it was located inside the hanger in a portacabin. I tested the machine and although a bit dusty worked perfectly until they started to test one of the Tornado aircraft engines. Wow it was loud and the vibration in the cabin was unreal.
When I eventually got out, the cabin had actually move about an inch across the hanger floor, you could see from the dust marks around its feet!
Problem found, call closed.

Exok
11-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I have a Kyocera printer located under a desk on the floor of a very cramped office. The desk is open in the front so I have to lay on the floor and contort my body to fit under the desk around all sorts of clutter piled and stacked all over the place.

This quickly becomes my favorite machine location on days when the woman who's desk this is, is wearing a short skirt.

CraigW
11-14-2013, 01:56 PM
7075 in a spot where washer & dryer would set (hey, it had 220v available) got much better when the finisher died and could use an exit tray.
Ha Ha, 7075 with an exit tray that had to be a 1st. :):)

Printers on the floor, and in cabinets.

Worked on a Copystar 1435 had to clean the optics with it still plugged in as the plug was behind a wall of filed papers.

Often warn people about having trash cans and everything under the sun RIGHT NEXT to the finisher, have seen the horror and don't want to re-live it.

Akitu
11-14-2013, 10:57 PM
FO-2080 in a kitchen, right beside a meat slicer. They never even bothered to clean off the stray bits of meat that landed on the side.
They wondered why their machine could never hold copy quality (to be fair, the 2080 can barely hold CQ in a proper environment).

I have a thing about greasy/viscous substances on my hands, probably stemming from obsessive compulsive tendencies. Touching the covers on that machine with old caked on grease was almost enough to set me off, fortunately there are large reserves of soap in the bathroom here. I was so thrilled when they got an MP201 to replace it, the little tank box holds CQ like nobody's business, and they moved the meat slicer away from the machine after I showed them the covers of their old one...

blackcat4866
11-14-2013, 11:57 PM
I got called to an RAF base to look at an old Ricoh copier with occasional blurred prints, it was located inside the hanger in a portacabin. I tested the machine and although a bit dusty worked perfectly until they started to test one of the Tornado aircraft engines. Wow it was loud and the vibration in the cabin was unreal.
When I eventually got out, the cabin had actually move about an inch across the hanger floor, you could see from the dust marks around its feet!
Problem found, call closed.

Yeah, I had a blurr call like that. I had an Canon NP-8030 at a plant that stamps metal automotive parts. There were 12 or 15 presses all pounding away at their own timing. About every 40 seconds all the machines stuck simultaneously. I could feel it in the soles of my feet, and in my eardrums.

One of the office people was one of those anal people who use tape to mark out the exactly precise, proper location of their stapler, pencil holder, and coffee mug. For entertainment I would watch the various desk items march about the desk, and occasionally fall off on the floor. Blurr? Why would it blur? =^..^=

Iowatech
11-15-2013, 01:04 AM
I don't know, it wasn't a bad place (except for that parking sucked, and they didn't share) but it was unusual: a liquor warehouse. And it was huge, too, and kind of like an old dance hall, the office was on the stage and the cases of liquor were spread out where the audience would have been dancing. It was kind of a decrepit looking building from the outside, but the place was in pretty good shape on the inside.

ZOOTECH
11-15-2013, 02:07 AM
I serviced a SF7030 a couple of times that was in the office of a 'totally nude' strip club. The office had several security cameras of the stage and surrounding areas. Let me say, I made that drum change last a couple of hours, and I made sure the copy quality was spot on. ;)

CompyTech
11-15-2013, 02:43 AM
I remember going to this house out in the country. Had to go into the master bedroom, step down in to the bathroom. And the office was in there along with the BH250. Had to move the machine out best I could to work on it.

Never seen even a home office in the bathroom before. I guess you can work while taking a dump idk. :eek:

Phrag
11-15-2013, 02:55 AM
I remember going to this house out in the country. Had to go into the master bedroom, step down in to the bathroom. And the office was in there along with the BH250. Had to move the machine out best I could to work on it.

Never seen even a home office in the bathroom before. I guess you can work while taking a dump idk. :eek:

Location, Location, Location. It's efficient I guess.

Venom
11-15-2013, 03:01 AM
1. Went to a place that raised crickets to sell as reptile food, had bugs flying around everywhere...in my mouth, ears, eyes, etc.,their copier was getting black line on copies...black line kept changing location on copies, found a big black bug crawling on 3rd mirror.
2. Had a hardware store put fax machine on top of high cabinets, they had built a 5 step set of stairs so the girls could reach the feeder.
3. Had a car dealer put a copier in closet, had to use hacksaw on exit tray to make it fit.
4. had to service typewriters in meat packing plant, hallway was covered in blood and would slip and slide trying to walk through to the office.
5. had a copier at a strip joint, the girls would copy their bottoms...had to clean optics with a spatula

Phrag
11-15-2013, 06:00 AM
...had to clean optics with a spatula

What?

I heard a story that at a police station, my old service manager got a call to look at their copier. The platen glass was broken. There were several shards sitting in the scanner section, with a suspicious red fluid on some of the edges.

Of course, no-one owned up to anything.

vincent64
11-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Zootech's post about the 7030 in a strip club reminded me of having to work on one, 7030 that is in a cell phone sales booth in a Wal-mart out in the open in the middle of the store, noise what noise, problem was, operator error, had to teach the difference between waste toner and where to add toner on that mach...that was always an adventure, pull dv/toner unit till it stops, flip open lid, shake bottle, twist off cap, add toner, recap bottle, close toner hopper, and re-install, any other order, its toner bomb time.

Akitu
11-15-2013, 02:20 PM
What?

I heard a story that at a police station, my old service manager got a call to look at their copier. The platen glass was broken. There were several shards sitting in the scanner section, with a suspicious red fluid on some of the edges.

Of course, no-one owned up to anything.

Look for the one having difficulty sitting, and keep an eye out for hemorrhoid donuts.

Iowatech
11-16-2013, 01:43 AM
I had a machine out at a farm, and one time I called the guy and he said he wasn't going to be around but it was OK to go fix the machine. That in and of itself bothered me a bit, I always prefer that someone else is around, but after some time on the phone I reluctantly agreed.
Apparently one of his neighbors had a St. Bernard dog, as when I parked the car it chose to walk across the road and visit me. I had never seen a St. Bernard in real life before, so I had no idea they were that huge, it looked like a small horse from a distance. The dog walked up to me and stuck its nose directly in the center of my chest without jumping up, and I'm six feet tall.
Luckily for me he turned out to be a friendly fellow and I scratched his ear for a bit and then went in and fixed the machine. When I came back out to the car he was gone.

CompyTech
11-16-2013, 08:04 PM
5. had a copier at a strip joint, the girls would copy their bottoms...had to clean optics with a spatula

This is a chargeable call.. What's it gonna cost??? 1 Lap dance per hour Mam.. ;)

Seriously.. A spatula? Wha??

KenB
11-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Many moons ago, we had a Canon NP3825 in a "Gentleman's Club", too.

They couldn't load paper right to save their lives, so the machine constantly jammed (not that the 3825 needed any help when it came to jamming).

Almost every call was for a broken transport handle, which they would break when they slammed it to clear the jams.

At almost any given moment, there were a few of the girls in the office, and most of them were quite "friendly".

Every time they called, all the horndogs in the service department volunteered to take it. As this was a commonly replaced part, it was hard to keep them in car stock - so that meant an almost automatic return trip to replace it.

Akitu
11-18-2013, 02:10 PM
That sounds like the true copier heaven, sponsored by Flying Spaghetti Monster. While the concept is beyond ideal, in practice, a gentleman's club here would be... Disastrous. I can see the DJ now... "AAAAAAANNNND FRESH FROM HER RECENT MATERNITY LEAVE, PLEASE WELCOME BACK PEGGY!" as she stumbles out onto the stage, half drunk with a wooden leg and an eye patch sporting a fresh c-section scar. I shudder at the thought.

Luther
11-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Two sharp sf-741 in funeral homes, one was in the room where they kept the bodies before embalming and the other was in the room where they put the dearly departed in the caskets after embalming...one funeral home was and old victorian house in the basement..every creak you would look around

mikadonovan
11-18-2013, 02:52 PM
I had a call from a church to take a look at their machine. When I arrived , there was no machine inside the church. It was in the parking lot. In the back of a truck. Exposed to the weather. It was a short call since I couldn't convince the dude that I really needed power to the machine for a proper estimate.

Bantams
11-18-2013, 03:10 PM
I had a Copier at a U2 Concert In the middle of Rounday Park in Leeds UK and was on callout to go fix it when it broke Unfortunately it did break on the day of the Concert but unfortunately the security people wouldn't let me near the stage and walked me straight to the Cabin the copier was in.

rthonpm
11-18-2013, 03:28 PM
had a copier at a strip joint, the girls would copy their bottoms...had to clean optics with a spatula

Glitter and baby oil will do a number on those optics. Not that I know about those kinds of things...

teckat
11-18-2013, 11:49 PM
had a customer put a copier on a board stretched across old fashion bathtub in bathroom/

excuse was only outlet that worked in small 300sq ft apartment :cool:

Iowatech
11-19-2013, 12:45 AM
I had a service call on a Riso in an older building that they hooked up with a custom made extension cord. I don't know how they did it, but frame ground measured forty volts over neutral when I first got there. That doesn't sound like much, but it is darn irritating when I was taking the screws off the back cover.
Oh, and it probably doesn't do the machine any good, either.
I had them fix that before I did any more work on the machine. And I still had to jump safety ground to neutral to get the machine to work properly so they would fix that as well.

slimslob
11-19-2013, 05:14 AM
I had a service call on a Riso in an older building that they hooked up with a custom made extension cord. I don't know how they did it, but frame ground measured forty volts over neutral when I first got there. That doesn't sound like much, but it is darn irritating when I was taking the screws off the back cover.
I had them fix that before I did any more work on the machine. And I still had to jump safety ground to neutral to get the machine to work properly so they would fix that as well.

I have encountered floating grounds before. Worked havoc with network topologies.

blackcat4866
11-20-2013, 01:22 AM

I think it was a Canon ... the enduser had yanked out the ground prong, and was using a 6A, 18 gauge lamp cord. You could cook eggs on that cord. And the frame measured 67vac frame to neutral. I got a good healthy tickle every time I removed a screw.

Recently we had OSHA show up at a customer location. The customer was horrified when an OSHA rep chopped off the power cord. When we finally got the rest of the story, it turns out that a creative customer had twisted the neutral prong to make a 20A plug fit into a 15A outlet. I don't think that OSHA considers this a best practice.
=^..^=

Phrag
11-20-2013, 01:42 AM
I think it was a Canon ... the enduser had yanked out the ground prong, and was using a 6A, 18 gauge lamp cord. You could cook eggs on that cord. And the frame measured 67vac frame to neutral. I got a good healthy tickle every time I removed a screw.

Recently we had OSHA show up at a customer location. The customer was horrified when an OSHA rep chopped off the power cord. When we finally got the rest of the story, it turns out that a creative customer had twisted the neutral prong to make a 20A plug fit into a 15A outlet. I don't think that OSHA considers this a best practice.
=^..^=

You guy's have some strange happenings in yankee-land. I haven't heard of anything like that around here where I am. OH&S is really strict here. Seriously strict.

CompyTech
11-20-2013, 02:31 AM
You guy's have some strange happenings in yankee-land. I haven't heard of anything like that around here where I am. OH&S is really strict here. Seriously strict.

:cool:

I told a customer recently he couldn't hook up a machine in his house cause he had 1950s outlets (no ground, both slots were the same size). Fortunately for him, he ended up having a modern 120v outlet.

slimslob
11-20-2013, 04:55 AM
:cool:

I told a customer recently he couldn't hook up a machine in his house cause he had 1950s outlets (no ground, both slots were the same size). Fortunately for him, he ended up having a modern 120v outlet.

I hope he had a qualified electrician prpperly rewire it accordig to code.

Jules Winfield
11-20-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't know about a silly location, but the dirtiest machine I ever came across in the field was in a hospital. Yeah...

KapeKopyTek
11-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Savin 4035 in the back room of an old accountants office. Machine was tucked in a corner next to the coffee machine. Room was packed full of boxes of paper, stacked yea high, blocking most of the light. Pulled covers off to get at the gearbox or something, found the inside full of French Vanilla coffee grounds. I thought all the fans blew OUT, guess the grounds got sucked in somehow. Took hours to wrestle that machine around, pull covers, clean, etc. Never cared for French Vanilla coffee anyway, even less so now. Dreaded reschedules there.

2515 at the local dog pound, insides full of hair and rodent pellets.

brewster67
11-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Not really a silly location but it was a don't touch any thing and leave the building moment.

I had a new machine install for a used car lot. They had a trailer set up with desks inside. I did my usual check of power. Between hot and neutral 110v, neutral to ground 110v, ground to hot 220v. Something is very wrong here. So I checked from hot to the copper piping on the radiator 220v. This was about the time that I said don't touch any thing and left the building. I told the owner what was going on and found out that his wife's brother had hooked up the electrical service to the trailer. It seems that he had hooked 110 to the ground. This is why I always check power on new installs.

blackcat4866
11-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Not really a silly location but it was a don't touch any thing and leave the building moment.

I had a new machine install for a used car lot. They had a trailer set up with desks inside. I did my usual check of power. Between hot and neutral 110v, neutral to ground 110v, ground to hot 220v. Something is very wrong here. So I checked from hot to the copper piping on the radiator 220v. This was about the time that I said don't touch any thing and left the building. I told the owner what was going on and found out that his wife's brother had hooked up the electrical service to the trailer. It seems that he had hooked 110 to the ground. This is why I always check power on new installs.

Damn I wish our people did that. I'd say a good 1/4 of our installs end up needing corrections to the power after the fact. And they bitch up a storm about it. =^..^=

slimslob
11-21-2013, 01:52 AM

Had a customer one time bring an Olivetti electronic typewriters with blown power supplies. They had just oved into a new building and electricians had not connected the neutral to the panel on the second floor. The typewriter was rthe first thing plugged in to one leg of the AC. Every thing on the other leg found a momentary completed circuit through the Olivetti.

Had another with a number of desk top dictations machines. The election who brought the triple phase in from the meter mislabled one of the 110v legs and the 208V stinger.

Lagonda
12-02-2013, 04:26 AM
The silliest place I saw a copier was on a salesman's desk...............as if!!

HenryT2
12-05-2013, 06:35 PM
I don't know about a silly location, but the dirtiest machine I ever came across in the field was in a hospital. Yeah...

We had a hospital call in one time about their ( analog ) Toshiba squeaking when making copies.
When we got there and tested the copier, it did indeed squeak .
The cause was found when we removed the rear cover . A mouse was hung in the main drive gear and as it turned ;
the drive chain would mash ( that's southern for ' squeeze ' ) it's tail ,and it would make a noise.
We had to kill the mouse to get it out . The secretary was not thrilled to see the cause of the noise.

Eric1968
12-05-2013, 08:11 PM
We had a hospital call in one time about their ( analog ) Toshiba squeaking when making copies.
The cause was found when we removed the rear cover . A mouse was hung in the main drive gear and as it turned ;
the drive chain would mash ( that's southern for ' squeeze ' ) it's tail ,and it would make a noise.
We had to kill the mouse to get it out . The secretary was not thrilled to see the cause of the noise.

Some 15-20 years ago I found the remnants of a mouse in a Oki 110 Fax. The client mentioned that the fax produced a bad smell. The mouse was electrocuted by the power supply, but the machine kept on working.

Akitu
12-05-2013, 08:24 PM

I can only imagine your surprise at discovering the live mouse. Definitely an odd squeak you have here ma'am.

Out of curiosity, how did you dispose of the unwanted accessory in the machine? Pith'd a la science frog?

slimslob
12-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Some 15-20 years ago I found the remnants of a mouse in a Oki 110 Fax. The client mentioned that the fax produced a bad smell. The mouse was electrocuted by the power supply, but the machine kept on working.

I had a call on a Gestetner 2212 at the Tehachapi for trays 2 and three not working. When I got there I noticed a smell. After I toke the back cover off the paper bank, I found the remains of a dead mouse in the paper feed drive. Took a while to get that all cleaned out.

blackcat4866
12-06-2013, 01:12 AM
I had a Mita DC-111 (not C) located in a Catholic school. I was called in in the fall for jamming ... and the smell. Apparently a family of mousies had moved in a few weeks earlier, and were surprised to death by the heating of the fuser (they were just below the fuser). The jamming was a mouse wedged in the exit. And the smell was ... well, roast mouse.

Another tech I worked with told me about a weird quality problem occurring on a Mita DC-5055. It was a shaded area that moved around on the page. According to him, there were multiple mousies housed in the lens unit making shadow images on the copies. I can just imagine him chasing the little makers of silhouettes around the optics. Where's a cat when you need one?

Another: an NP-6060 that was jamming. I never saw the culprits, but there were a number of small critters transporting dried corn from a sack in the corner, to the paper trays and duplexer. On the third visit I issued a bill. Out came the mousetraps.

Ok, last one. There was an Brother typewriter that was logic locked. Upon examination I found a number of foil wrappings from Hershey's Kisses left upon the main board. In the evening after the secretary went home, our mousie would fetch Hersheys from the candy dish, and eat them inside the typewriter. To my surprise, All I had to do was dump out all the foil, and splice together 3 or 4 wires.

=^..^=

Iowatech
12-06-2013, 02:00 AM
Well, as long as we are in mouse mode here, I got a call to work on a 3M 536 at a grain elevator. The 536 had a moving glass platen, and the movement of the platen on this machine was very irregular.
The machine used a rotating encoder to regulate the speed of the platen which was a disk with slots cut into it. A mouse had got caught in the encoder and was skinned, and the skin was blocking some of the slots in the encoder disk.
That was quite possibly the grossest thing I've ever seen on a service call, and I'm sorry for sharing it.

HenryT2
12-06-2013, 06:30 PM
I can only imagine your surprise at discovering the live mouse. Definitely an odd squeak you have here ma'am.

Out of curiosity, how did you dispose of the unwanted accessory in the machine? Pith'd a la science frog?

CAUTION : GRAPHIC REPLY BELOW !!

Do you remember those 14 inch long Yellow handle slim flat-tip screwdrivers ?
They make a great little hole in the head of a mouse. Then used the Roach Clip ( oops, I meant hemostats ) to grab its tail and pull it off the gear . We just put it in the trash can next to the copier, wrote up the service order ( this was not covered under the contract ) , had the secretary sign off, and we left......laughing all the way back to the shop.

P.S. We used Fedron, Lacquer Thinner, and alcohol to clean all implements involved in the " REMOVAL " of said 'Squeaky Wheel ' . YEP ! We also left that combination of aromas in the trash can as well .

Akitu
12-06-2013, 07:06 PM
CAUTION : GRAPHIC REPLY BELOW !!

Do you remember those 14 inch long Yellow handle slim flat-tip screwdrivers ?
They make a great little hole in the head of a mouse. Then used the Roach Clip ( oops, I meant hemostats ) to grab its tail and pull it off the gear . We just put it in the trash can next to the copier, wrote up the service order ( this was not covered under the contract ) , had the secretary sign off, and we left......laughing all the way back to the shop.

P.S. We used Fedron, Lacquer Thinner, and alcohol to clean all implements involved in the " REMOVAL " of said 'Squeaky Wheel ' . YEP ! We also left that combination of aromas in the trash can as well .

Not quite a pithing, but about as humane as that little mouse could ask for. The secretary probably had a much better day after you left with all those fumes permeating the office.

Tonerbomb
12-06-2013, 08:19 PM
23177This was after the flood from the sprinkler system's broken main line.

Iowatech
12-07-2013, 02:26 AM
23177This was after the flood from the sprinkler system's broken main line.

Thanks for getting this out of mouse mode.
On a lighter note, I got to work on a machine in the foreman's booth at a place that did the final forming of those big coils of sheet metal you may have seen being transported on trucks. To get to the machine, I had to cross several railroad tracks and avoid the remote controlled train (there were no signals), then when I got to the building I had to avoid the coil movers (looked something like 10K forklifts, but only had one prong instead of two), then had to avoid the overhead crane that had massive hooks for moving the coils around.
As you might imagine, the obstacles were quite easy to see, still it took some time to get to the machine. No sense arguing with a piece of metal that weighs several tons after all.

Custom Search