PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Black problem on C550

Custom Search

Dahummer
11-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Hi

I had this black toner is low message on my C550 in the meantime it started fading away, so i replaced it with new one, the message disapeared but problem is I only printed like 20 pages and its gone, colors working fine, any idea how to fix this ?

Thanks

JustManuals
11-14-2013, 08:10 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

blaze2000
11-17-2013, 10:04 PM
First thing you may want to do is check your black IU. Make sure it is dumping developer, if so machine will need cleaning and IU will need replacemnt.

Dahummer
05-17-2014, 07:04 PM
hi

i changed black IU and it works but after turning off the machine and on the black faded away again, here are 2 test pages

REGARDS

Synaux
05-18-2014, 06:18 AM
hi

i changed black IU and it works but after turning off the machine and on the black faded away again, here are 2 test pages

REGARDS
Sometimes you have to manually supply toner in service mode (only do it 3 times). If this doesn't work get a funnel and add toner to the black IU.

You might also have a failing hopper unit. You can take the units out and switch the black unit with a different color after a thorough cleaning.
Might want to consider the HV board and the mod for the latch on these machines.

Hope this helps.

copier tech
05-18-2014, 05:45 PM
This is not a toner supply issue, especially as you say the m/c prints ok then all you do is power off/on & the m/c stops printing black?
i'd suspect the PH unit

Dahummer
05-18-2014, 07:47 PM
hi again

as you see on test pages the first one when i installed a new black IU and print few pages, the second one after turn it off and on .

copier tech
05-18-2014, 08:05 PM
You'd have to run 100's of pages to run the dev unit completley empty of toner.

Synaux
05-19-2014, 03:41 PM
This is not a toner supply issue, ...

Good call seeing how you are not in front of this machine.
Regardless of correctness, one should refrain from resorting to absolutes. :)

Dahummer, did you perform an Initialize and Stabilization?

If so, I say HV board before PH unit, but if you have a PH unit to switch out that is probably the easiest and quickest item to rule out (other slight chance you have a malfunctioning transfer belt I guess).

Also, did you shake the IU before installing it?

Dahummer
05-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Good call seeing how you are not in front of this machine.
Regardless of correctness, one should refrain from resorting to absolutes. :)

Dahummer, did you perform an Initialize and Stabilization?

If so, I say HV board before PH unit, but if you have a PH unit to switch out that is probably the easiest and quickest item to rule out (other slight chance you have a malfunctioning transfer belt I guess).

Also, did you shake the IU before installing it?

yes i did Initialize and Stabilization, thanks

ajim shine
05-26-2014, 07:03 PM
try check dv motor.. last time i got same problem.... motor shaft was broken......

Rolandito
05-29-2014, 05:20 PM
1st.. clean glass of ph unit....
2nd.. install lastest firmware..

Custom Search