PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub PRO C-6500 Banner printing`

Custom Search

krakcy
11-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi. Im trying to set up C-6500 to banner print. The machine has IC-408 fiery and i have set the SW Switch 10-0 to 1 and 10-1 to 0. Open my banner pdf and set the size 200x800mm and select bypass. On the machine the bypass is set for 200x800mm as well. When i hit the print button nothing happens. No error or asking for paper it just wont print. Any help will be highly appreciated.

SCHWARZ
11-22-2013, 08:24 AM
what version and system ic408? maybe any patches must be installed.

Mick01
11-25-2013, 03:56 AM
Hi, You say "nothing happens", have you checked in the printed window in Command Workstation to see if the job appears there in the red? there could be an issue with the file (or settings) that is stopping the file from being sent to the machine.

krakcy
11-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Hi the fiery is IC-408 V2@ Mick01 : I have checked the fiery from the remote desktop and the machines control panel and there is no print data! However when i hit the print button the controller starts to acquire the job and after that the job is not printed!

Mick01
11-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Hi, you wont see any print jobs from remote desktop. You need to view the jobs from Command workstation. Do you have this installed on a computer in your office?

Herrmann
12-14-2013, 01:45 AM
If i remember correctly, banner printing is not supported on 6500 models, only 6501(light version). I addition, you have to disconnect the finisher, if attached.

dljorg
01-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Banner printing is officially not supported on either C6500 or C6501 but it will do it, with restrictions.

As noted above set DIP Switch 10-0 has to be set to 1.

Believe the size limitation is 28 inches or 711mm. May go longer but have only tested up to 711mm for our requirements and paper on hand.

Sounds like from the description above that there is a paper mismatch when the banner job is sent. Command Workstation properties of the failed job will confirm this as noted above.

You have to use a Custom paper size for the bypass tray - see the size setting in Paper Settings at the copier. Close is not good enough setting must be within 3mm or it will jam.

Size you put in the machine for the bypass tray has to match size in the print driver where you also have to use the Custom settings in the Media tab.

Side Note: Server Configuration in Command Workstation has a checkbox for "Enable Mismatch Action" that should be UNchecked. This allows fixing a paper mismatch at the copier operation panel rather than having the job disappear as described here.

Other restriction is that you are limited to single sheets in the bypass tray. If you put two sheets in there it will always jam on sheet 2.

Custom Search