Hi all iam brian
and i have a machine biz hub c220 which has an error code
C-5501(Ac signal abnormality) i have changed the DCPU,PRCB,and
even the fusing unit but it has failed.
some help
thanks for the reply

JustManuals
11-14-2013, 07:47 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

MrIcka
04-06-2018, 07:34 AM
Hi,

Didier you ever find a solution to this error?

I have a New C458 that have the same error and I have changed the same things as you according to the service manual.

Help!

Bix
04-06-2018, 07:52 AM
Hello, the problem can be reset with a simple switch on / off (wait 10 seconds before doing it again on).

If the problem persists, check the correct insertion of the fuser unit.

Also verify that the DCPU and MFPB are connected correctly.

Synthohol
04-06-2018, 12:31 PM
Error
C5501

Root Cause
C5501 shortly after power up or during operation.

Workaround/Fix
CAUSE: Irregular voltage from the power supply. MFP controller firmware patch update is required.

SOLUTION: Install MFP controller firmware patch version G12-01. This firmware patch will overwrite the printer firmware only. It can be used in versions up to and including G00-B4 to eliminate the detection of a DCPU abnormality (C5501).
IMPORTANT: This firmware eliminates the detection of a DCPU abnormality (C5501). If the fusing heater control does not detect an abnormal power supply frequency, a fusing temperature error malfunction code might be generated. (C37xx, C38xx or C39xx)
Note: The latest version firmware or system software is available via One stop Product Support.

To load patch
1. Unzip TAR file to USB thumb drive root directory.
2. Install thumb drive in service USB port.
3. Power ON machine.
4. Firmware load screen displays on panel.
5. Select printer YES.
6. Press Start button.
7. Select END when checksum appears.
8. Power cycle MFP.

AjitN
04-07-2018, 04:36 AM
Hi all iam brian
and i have a machine biz hub c220 which has an error code
C-5501(Ac signal abnormality) i have changed the DCPU,PRCB,and
even the fusing unit but it has failed.
some help
thanks for the reply

I think this could be because of A/C mains power, Either fluctuating very fast OR there are spikes.
Try another supply point or add stabilizer.
Hope this helps

tech51
04-08-2018, 10:07 PM
Error
C5501

Root Cause

Workaround/Fix
CAUSE: Irregular voltage from the power supply. MFP controller firmware patch update is required.

SOLUTION: Install MFP controller firmware patch version G12-01. This firmware patch will overwrite the printer firmware only. It can be used in versions up to and including G00-B4 to eliminate the detection of a DCPU abnormality (C5501).
IMPORTANT: This firmware eliminates the detection of a DCPU abnormality (C5501). If the fusing heater control does not detect an abnormal power supply frequency, a fusing temperature error malfunction code might be generated. (C37xx, C38xx or C39xx)
Note: The latest version firmware or system software is available via One stop Product Support.

To load patch
3. Power ON machine.
5. Select printer YES.
6. Press Start button.
8. Power cycle MFP.

I believe this is the procedure for the c220, however MrIcka has the problem on a C458.

It would have been better to start a new thread MrIcka rather than hijack an old one.

You will get more relevant advice that way.

Ricardo_Reis
12-19-2023, 06:00 PM
Hi, how are you? I have this problem on a BH C454E, all the steps in the service manual were done and the code persists.

Can you send me the firmware patch version G12-01?
follow my email: ricardosantosr@hotmail.com

Error
C5501

Root Cause

Workaround/Fix

To load patch
3. Power ON machine.
5. Select printer YES.
6. Press Start button.
8. Power cycle MFP.

Synthohol
12-19-2023, 06:19 PM
i have been on disability for over a year and i no longer have KM access to anything.

tsbservice
12-19-2023, 07:00 PM
i have been on disability for over a year and i no longer have KM access to anything.

Wish you recovery soon but why they suspended your account I see here many people with access to MKM and literally zero interest and knowledge... Anyway count on me anytime you need anything I can help with.

Custom Search