PDA

View Full Version : biz hub 501 sc 2403

Custom Search

digicor
11-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Biz Hub Blk N Wht 501
Here's what happened,
The toner needed changing, i used an after market bottle i had from another machine, then the code sc 2403 came right up, so i switched it the next day with OEM, not the code only comes up when the bottle rotates.
The Bottle will rotate two or three times then code out., Is there is a reset or what, ive re set the hopper to its original position every time, then it rotates two or three times and then is codes.
What now?

Mr Spock
11-19-2013, 12:35 AM
Probably the toner rotation sensor. Try can of air/vacuum to clean it. Also check service mode to see if the sensor is working.

JustManuals
11-19-2013, 12:45 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

CCS
11-19-2013, 02:18 AM
Pull finisher/bridge, remove access plate, remove toner rotation sensor, clean sensor and re-install

digicor
11-19-2013, 02:49 PM
where is the access plate? I have two metal covers, one over the toner hopper and one under where the finisher would sit,both have a lot of screws and dont come off easy
There is no one screw access plate, can you send a diagram or pic?

CompyTech
11-19-2013, 08:37 PM
where is the access plate? I have two metal covers, one over the toner hopper and one under where the finisher would sit,both have a lot of screws and dont come off easy
There is no one screw access plate, can you send a diagram or pic?

From what I remember, there isn't really a one screw access plate. You do have to remove those covers in the area you describe. Wish I had a picture but I don't. There is no instructions in service manual either. LOL

Good luck. :)

MVPunisher
11-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Yea go do your load check and make sure that bottle turns properly. If so then yep good ole rotation sensor.

500-420 was awful, disassmble back and front to get to those silly screws to remove the plate. (leave them off after lol) T

I think he is right about an access plate on the 501 series. I think there is a hole to get your screwdriver onto the rotation sensor screw.

As long as the bottle turns it will be that sensor though.

digicor
11-19-2013, 09:26 PM
The bottle turns just fine,
I tore up a parts 501 looking for this access plate, no can find. Must older versions, so im left with trying to clean the sensor from the toner bottle entrance.. I see a coat hanger and an alcohol swab in my future. if that dont work then ill tear the dam thing down to the ground.There is one stupid screw to remove the plate you have to get to from the back! all the rest come off from the top or side! Thanks KM:mad:

MVPunisher
11-19-2013, 09:44 PM
I was cleaning them, then had a few callbacks and realized it was worth it just to replace. And I dont think tue new model had any diff plate. I think its the same plate it just has a hole for your screwdriver. Then u can take the left plate off and reach in. Pretty surr you can just keep that awful plate right on.

Custom Search