PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica Minolta C224 with PC410 Large capacity tray jams

Custom Search

tonerlungs
11-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Hi guys anyone had the C224 with a tray 3 LCCpc410 jamming at the seperation roller turns the middle of the paper back tried torque limited spring and new clutch may be the mylar as you close the trays will try mylar next any feedback appreciated:D

JustManuals
11-19-2013, 12:53 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

PeterG
11-19-2013, 12:58 AM
Hi guys anyone had the C224 with a tray 3 LCCpc410 jamming at the seperation roller turns the middle of the paper back tried torque limited spring and new clutch may be the mylar as you close the trays will try mylar next any feedback appreciated:D

Be absolutely sure that the plate lifts evenly. These things are very unforgiving if the lift plate doesn't rise "squarely" & "evenly".

Iowatech
11-19-2013, 01:20 AM
I'm no KM tech (so feel free to ignore this), but it sure sounds like the separation roller is worn out, or at least has some flat spots on it. Especially if the turned back portion of the leading edge of the paper has a similar width of the roller.

MVPunisher
11-19-2013, 09:00 PM
I went through every single thing you could think of to resolve this issue and still had it happen to the point we stopped selling PC-410s.

We have some that run fine. But some do exactly what you are talking about. The tension on the sep spring is like too much or something, You can flag the door and watch the sep roller not even turn and paper just slam right into it. there are not drive parts related to the Sep roller just spring loaded.

I probably could have fixed the problem but replacing the whole feed assy I am thinking but it never got that far, sales decided to replace it with the PC that has 4 trays. I did rebuild like the whole feed unit with shafts springs you name it and it still came back. Not all the time but when it does get stuck it will keep jamming til you like flick it with your finger to release sep roller.Then its off and running again.

MVPunisher
11-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Put a piece of paper in the door switch and watch it feed. You will see the roller does not even turn. Save your effort and try the whole feed assembly. That is the one thing I did not do. let me know for future reference because I do have a few more out there are not doing this yet.

MVPunisher
11-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Notice the drive roller on top does turn though so drive is OK, sorry for continuing to ramble just interested that somebody else had to deal with this too.

tonerlungs
11-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Notice the drive roller on top does turn though so drive is OK, sorry for continuing to ramble just interested that somebody else had to deal with this too.
Thanks guys the lct is 3 weeks old going to see if konica will replace we have several out there this is the first with issues

Phrag
11-20-2013, 01:56 AM
Have you check the one way clutch? KM released a bulletin about it failing, so it must be a common occurrence. I can't seem to upload the pdf, but the doc number is TABT1300531EN02.

Well, hey. The pdf DID upload.

Mr Spock
11-20-2013, 05:16 AM
When feeding from the PC-410
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Too much play in the spring clutch assembly.
Please install washer (p/n 12QV40650) on the spring clutch assembly. See the attached photo for the exact location of the washer.

2. One of the loops of the clutch spring has positioned itself between the gear and guide of the clutch assembly which results in intermittent slippage and jams. No damage occurs to the spring when compared to a new replacement spring.
Disassemble the clutch assembly and properly position the spring (p/n A2XM592602) so that none of the coils are positioned between the gear and guide. After reassembling the clutch position a spacer between the C-clip (p/n V217040001) and gear (p/n A2XM592400) which will close the gap between the gear and guide (p/n A2XM592500) and prevent any of the spring loops from becoming lodged between the gear and guide.

Custom Search