PDA

View Full Version : C253 doesn't want to print a banner

Custom Search

oldschool
11-18-2013, 10:32 PM
I can banner print to my C250 but the same steps do not work for the C253. I get an "error-job deleted" every time. There are no details. :mad: It can't be this hard... can it?
I have a simple 11" W x 25" L PDF. I've printed it on the C250 a couple of times.
I select print.
I select custom size and the driver says setting bypass tray and thick 1.
Every thing looks OK on the print preview.
I put C253 in Banner mode.
The data light blinks and job errors.

I do not have a finisher installed or anything special. I've tried with postscript and PCL drivers. It does not matter if the paper is in the tray when the job is received or not. I've seen some references to dip switch 10.0 being set to 1 but I don't think it applies to the C253, Does it?.
What step am I missing?

oldschool
11-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Are there pre-set banner paper sizes? I don't have a package of banner paper I only have one sheet. I'm wondering if the custom size has to be a paper size that matches a pre-set size.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

copier addict
11-21-2013, 12:02 AM
I could be wrong, but, I think banner paper is 11" x 40".

habik
11-21-2013, 01:48 AM
I'm getting this ALL THE TIME from my clients, to whom I already explained zillion time "How to" :)

I print in Metric only but would imagine, that the procedure is the same.

Banner Printing on C203, C253, C353 , INEO+203, +253, +353, MF201plus, MF250, MF350
Create in Illustrator or In Design or Publisher a document with the size of
X = 297mm
Y = 1200mm
with margins 5mm minimum
> Design your document.
On the Multifunctional Device :

> Change paper settings for Bypass Tray on to the corresponding weight of the banner minimum Thick 1
> Go to Utility / Counter > Banner Printing > Allow > OK

On Computer:
Go to the Printer dialog of MFP Driver (INEO +203, C203 etc) within your preferable application and select :
MAC:
Page Setup
> Format For - the printer you want to print to
> Paper Size - Define Custom size to a width of 297 mm and height of 1200mm > OK > OK
> Printer > Select from the menu of printer preferences > Paper Tray / Output Tray > Bypass Tray > Thick 1 or Thick 2 > Print
> Print

Windows:

- Page Setup for PDF

> Size > Custom Size
> Source > Bypass Tray > OK

- Page Setup for Adobe Illustrator or In Design

> Print Dialog
> Setup > Choose Printer > Select from the menu of printer preferences
> Basic Tab
> Original Size > Change to Custom Size with Width of 297.0 mm and Length of 1200.0 mm > OK
> Paper size > Same as Original
> Paper Tray > Bypass Tray
> Paper Settings for each Tray > Paper Type Settings > Select Bypass Tray and change Paper Type to Thick 2 or the Actual Thicknes of the banner paper (minimum Thick 1)
> OK

MS Office Publisher

Printer Properties:
> Basic Tab
> Original Size > Change to Custom Size with Width of 297.0 mm and Length of 1200.0 mm > OK
> Paper size > Same as Original
> Paper Tray > Bypass Tray
> Paper Settings for each Tray > Paper Type Settings > Select Bypass Tray and change Paper Type to Thick 2 or the Actual Thicknes of the banner paper (minimum Thick 1)
> OK
> Quality Tab
> Color Settings > DTP
> Pattern > Fine
> Image Compression > Best Quality
> OK
Hit Print

"If it doesn't work for you, check the orientation of the paper in driver Portrait / Landscape!!!

Hope this is enough for you, I recommend to Copy this to your email and you have it always with you ;)

Good Luck!

Synaux
11-26-2013, 12:47 AM
To add to habik's information, as I understand it, the banner paper itself does not actually need to be thick, the machine simply needs to be set to thick 1 and does think automatically in the print drivers if I am not mistaken (I believe I read somewhere that this is necessary as is slows the machine down).

Beware: it is very easy to have the paper not feed straight and cause a huge mess in the conveyance/fuser section.

oldschool
11-26-2013, 04:23 PM
I still haven't been able to print a banner page on the C253. I followed habik's instructions but get the same result each time. I've printed a banner on a C250 and recently a C224e but my C253 fails every time.
I've given up at this point.:( It was for a demo but the C224e worked so I'm off the hook for now.

Thanks for all the great info. I have saved it as a PDF for future reference.

Custom Search