PDA

View Full Version : K920 won't recognize FS-516

Custom Search

laserman06
03-05-2008, 10:52 PM
I took a call today on a K920 with a FS-516 finisher. Another tech had taken the call on Monday. He ordered a Finisher control board. Well he went on vacation and I was asked to put it on. Needless to say when I put it on I got a SC 77-98 (no firmware on finisher). I flashed the finisher with Version 30(version that was on the previous board.) and the code went away.

The copier came back up and came ready to copy. The original problem was still there. Machine is not recognizing the finisher, and the finisher does not intialize. It was late in the day, so I didn't have a chance to look further. I am thinking that there is nothing wrong with the finisher, but with the machine. I am thinking along the line of no 24V, or 5V. Going to troubleshoot that in the morning. Any other possible leads that any one can give me would be appreciated.

Haroldbfix
03-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Check the ICP's on the Fns CB. The FNS might be blowing them. We had a FNS doing this on a B600. Same sympton that you discribed. We tried firmware also.

mikeena
03-06-2008, 08:49 PM
yes frimware will not help you. witch sucks. i have seen this. on the 600 as well same issue. harold is correct. very wise he is.....

laserman06
03-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Well, I have figured out what the problem was. After troubleshooting the finisher, all my voltages were good. However, I got to thinking about the PK-505 that the finisher had.

I unplugged the the punch and behold the problem disappeared. So I looked for a pinched wire and couldn't find any. I remembered hearing that there were some defective punch driving boards. I looked and some of the tracings were cracked. Got a new one on order.

So, FYI, if any of you have this issue and it has a PK-505 check it out.

PS. Tech support said to update FW to Ver 40 for Image.:rolleyes:

Haroldbfix
03-07-2008, 01:13 PM
yes frimware will not help you. witch sucks. i have seen this. on the 600 as well same issue. harold is correct. very wise he is.....

As the saying goes "Game recognizes Game":cool:

Custom Search