PDA

View Full Version : C451 P-14 - Skewed Magenta/Cyan/Yellow or Black

Custom Search

Phrag
11-20-2013, 02:38 AM
Hi guys.

I've got a really frustrating issue with a C451.

The Magenta/Cyan/Yellow or Black image is skewed by about 2 or 3 degrees.

I initially had a call or A C225B code (K PC drum motor malfunction) for which I replaced the K drum. We believe we've managed to fix this problem (after replacing the K drive motor, PRCB, DCPU & Firmware), but it's got a P-14 code and skewed colours.

We've changed MFPB, PRCB, DCPU, Registration sensor assembly located below the transfer belt, replaced the transfer belt and laser assembly, but this skew has come back.

This machine is supposed to get replaced in a month, and I've already spent a good 6 or 7 hours on this machine in the past 3 days.

Does anyone have any idea as to what on earth is going on?

The CMY I/U's haven't been replaced, as we seemed to be focused on getting rid of the C225B code. Perhaps I should change those, but as it's supposedly being replaced in a month, the boss man may not want to throw so much money at it.

JustManuals
11-20-2013, 04:19 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Phrag
11-20-2013, 06:28 AM
Changed the I/U's. That barely worked (after stabilizing). Changed the PH Relay Board, and at first it made it worse, but after I decided to give up for the day, put the machine back together, it fixed itself up. It's almost 100%, but it's still visible if you have black text over a coloured background. The customer is satisfied, considering it's up for renewal in a month.

Is there a way to manually adjust the skew wither physically or digitally?

habik
11-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Changed the I/U's. That barely worked (after stabilizing). Changed the PH Relay Board, and at first it made it worse, but after I decided to give up for the day, put the machine back together, it fixed itself up. It's almost 100%, but it's still visible if you have black text over a coloured background. The customer is satisfied, considering it's up for renewal in a month.

Is there a way to manually adjust the skew wither physically or digitally?

Page 458 in service manual

Service Mode> Machine > Skew Adjustment > lift it up by few 10s on the colour it is the worst, or if Bk then all 3 by the same number :)

or

Page 457 once you are happy with Skew Adjustment!

avecosat
11-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Have you a P31 also ?:confused::confused:

Phrag
11-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Have you a P31 also ?:confused::confused:

Negative.

It seems to be fixed for now. It's more or less aligned now. On inspection, the old Relay Board had a damaged chip on it. The housing was cracked, a little melted plastic, and instead of just sizzling softly, it look like the area around one of the pins had exploded and shot black plastic onto a nearby connector.

BennyAU
11-22-2013, 02:30 AM
there is also a firmware update for this specific p14 after replacing black iu issue

TABT1000703EN

Phrag
11-25-2013, 01:38 AM
there is also a firmware update for this specific p14 after replacing black iu issue

TABT1000703EN

Cheers for that.

Synaux
11-25-2013, 05:13 AM
Hi guys.
The Magenta/Cyan/Yellow or Black image is skewed by about 2 or 3 degrees.

Is this on all prints?
if its worse on 11x17 then you might want to try this:
Try replacing the guide plate replacing the Paper Dust Removal Guide & Guide Plate with the C652/C552/C452 type.
Paper Dust Removal Guide assembly: p/n A00J R723 00 (current)replace with p/nA0P0 R731 00.
Guide Plate: p/n A00J 7022 01 (current)replace with p/n A0P0 7022 00.

Also 10.4.7 Printer Resist Loop in the service manual.

Synaux
11-25-2013, 05:16 AM

TABT1000703EN

Interesting...but I cannot find TABT1000703EN in the compiled bulletins or in SSD search?

Phrag
11-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Is this on all prints?
if its worse on 11x17 then you might want to try this:
Try replacing the guide plate replacing the Paper Dust Removal Guide & Guide Plate with the C652/C552/C452 type.
Paper Dust Removal Guide assembly: p/n A00J R723 00 (current)replace with p/nA0P0 R731 00.
Guide Plate: p/n A00J 7022 01 (current)replace with p/n A0P0 7022 00.

Also 10.4.7 Printer Resist Loop in the service manual.

It was on everything. And it wasn't the whole image that was skewed, it was just the black (I think.) If it wasn't the black, it was CMY.

Also, it was firmwared with the most recent update, which eliminated the C225B/C code (K PC Drum motor failure). I think I posted this earlier, but the Relay board had visibly failed. One of the silicon chips on the board had melted out around a pin.

Synaux
11-25-2013, 05:59 AM
It was on everything. And it wasn't the whole image that was skewed, it was just the black (I think.) If it wasn't the black, it was CMY.

Also, it was firmwared with the most recent update, which eliminated the C225B/C code (K PC Drum motor failure). I think I posted this earlier, but the Relay board had visibly failed. One of the silicon chips on the board had melted out around a pin.

Oh. Looks like I only read to Habik's post and thought that was all that was posted (or the page didn't completely load)...oops
Just out of curiosity, what FW version did you install--I wasn't able to find the bulletin referred to

havokprod
11-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Negative.

It seems to be fixed for now. It's more or less aligned now. On inspection, the old Relay Board had a damaged chip on it. The housing was cracked, a little melted plastic, and instead of just sizzling softly, it look like the area around one of the pins had exploded and shot black plastic onto a nearby connector.

I've also have had blown chip on the relay board....... it was effecting the cyan unit for me.

Phrag
11-28-2013, 01:28 AM
I've also have had blown chip on the relay board....... it was effecting the cyan unit for me.

The chip that blew for me was the one near the top right corner.

sanee9493
02-04-2014, 05:25 AM
p-14 is it related with drum motor at the back of mechine?? mine is C550 magenta skewed.. i tried all suggestion but still the same problem exist.. any others solution? :confused::confused:

TechTodd
02-06-2014, 05:48 PM
There is a firmware upgrade for this problem, as previously mentioned. I installed the firmware and reset the skew adjust and it is as good as new. I had this problem about a week ago on the same model machine. There is a firmware listed that is specifically used for this problem and if you open the pdf for Version GC1-22 upgrade, it should be listed as P-14 skew fix. It is listed in the One Stop support section. If you have any more questions about it, let me know.

dshiels
09-19-2014, 07:46 AM
Had a similar problem a few years back on a C451, it turned out to be a blown ICP on the PH Relay Board, the one that fuses current to the cyan tilt adjustment motor....which explained why cyan always was skewed. The P14 warning code had been consistently on the display. After replace of board and skew adj reset, the customer was happy.:cool:

Synaux
09-25-2014, 04:23 AM
Had a similar problem a few years back on a C451, it turned out to be a blown ICP on the PH Relay Board, the one that fuses current to the cyan tilt adjustment motor....which explained why cyan always was skewed. The P14 warning code had been consistently on the display. After replace of board and skew adj reset, the customer was happy.:cool:
Yep, I had a similar issue with a blown ICP on the PH Relay board.
I swapped it and it blew instantly upon power up.
Never could find any fault.
It is now a parts machine that I am hesitant to use some boards from/Print Head...

Custom Search