PDA

View Full Version : C550 new fuser and 2nd transfer assembly

Custom Search

jeremyb503
11-20-2013, 04:35 AM
Greetings to one and all,

I have a bizhub C550 and the imaging units were getting close to EOL so I have replaced them all in the last couple of months. I replaced the 2nd transfer assembly (for the third time this year) just this afternoon. Two weeks ago I replace the transfer belt assembly. Last week I replaced the fuser.

Here are my questions if anyone can help.

1) When I replaced the imaging units the warning about replacing them went away, same with transfer belt. When I replaced the fuser last week the warning about replacing the fuser is still on the screen. I was under the impression that the machine resets counters automatically, is this not the case or is this fuser defective somehow?

2) I seem to be having a problem with light spots in the printed output. Take a look at the attached photo (i had to upload to our server since uploads are not working for some reason) http://directnorthwest.com/files/km.jpg. This has resolved somewhat since I replaced the second transfer roller, but it is still a problem. The light areas are vertical (as you can see) on pages that are run portrait. Is there something that I am missing here?

I am not a copier tech, but I have a background in IT and I have fixed printers in the past, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

JustManuals
11-20-2013, 07:15 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Ray G.
12-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Greetings to one and all,

I have a bizhub C550 and the imaging units were getting close to EOL so I have replaced them all in the last couple of months. I replaced the 2nd transfer assembly (for the third time this year) just this afternoon. Two weeks ago I replace the transfer belt assembly. Last week I replaced the fuser.

Here are my questions if anyone can help.

1) When I replaced the imaging units the warning about replacing them went away, same with transfer belt. When I replaced the fuser last week the warning about replacing the fuser is still on the screen. I was under the impression that the machine resets counters automatically, is this not the case or is this fuser defective somehow?

2) I seem to be having a problem with light spots in the printed output. Take a look at the attached photo (i had to upload to our server since uploads are not working for some reason) http://directnorthwest.com/files/km.jpg. This has resolved somewhat since I replaced the second transfer roller, but it is still a problem. The light areas are vertical (as you can see) on pages that are run portrait. Is there something that I am missing here?

I am not a copier tech, but I have a background in IT and I have fixed printers in the past, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds like that fuser was probably put into another system, if only for a few seconds. Those few seconds will render the fuse in the fuser useless. I would check the fuse behind the left cover and, if the fuser is indeed new, replace spent fuse.

Custom Search