PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C253 error code cd004

Custom Search

pjr60
11-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I've got a customer with this error cd004 (bad connection between HDD and FMB). tried used hdd from C550 no change still cd004. Have unset hdd and copier functions OK. Will a new unformatted hdd of same model make any difference. Is there a specific procedure for hdd install I'm not aware of. or is it likely the fmb board needs replacement. I've already reseated dims and jumper from fmb no change. Also switched connectors on hdd no change. The customer requires the scanning function but is poor. Last, if hdd is bad is it necessary to replace with preconfigured hdd at 10X the cost of a new unformatted of same model and make. Please note: this machine is actually an NEC make but I don't think it should make any difference.

JustManuals
11-20-2013, 07:06 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

strider5555
11-20-2013, 07:26 PM
The C550 HD should work, but you need to reformat it in service mode>state confirmation>memory/harddisk adjust, and do a logical format. Or, you can buy a HDD from local computer vendor, then do a physical format, reboot and then a logical format. If it still does not work, then you may need to replace the PRCB board.

pjr60
11-21-2013, 01:27 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Thanks have one

pjr60
11-21-2013, 01:59 AM
The C550 HD should work, but you need to reformat it in service mode>state confirmation>memory/harddisk adjust, and do a logical format. Or, you can buy a HDD from local computer vendor, then do a physical format, reboot and then a logical format. If it still does not work, then you may need to replace the PRCB board.

Thanks for the reply, the info on the HD is good to know the c550 HD is from a parts machine sitting in Michigan winters for 2 years never used. I found the same HD unformatted for $ 50 vs. 300 for preconfigured. I was wondering though, if HD problem, should formatting be done with HD unset (doesn't sound right). If I install an unformatted HD and with HD set (from system2/HDD). and after reboot again have a CD004 appear I'm supposing my problem is in the MFPB not the print controller( PRCB) especially because I can copy, print, and even list print management, and adjustment settings. The troubleshooting guide points to MFP board, am I missing something because that would not only be a relief but open other troubleshooting possibilities.

strider5555
11-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Yes the HDD needs to be set before you can format it, otherwise it will not give the option to format. The code indicates a connection problem between the HDD and the PRCB, possibly a bad cable? Is the machine equipped with an HD encryption kit, SC 503. If so, try removing it and see if the error goes away. Otherwise, I would start with the board that the HDD is attached to (PRCB) first.

Custom Search