PDA

View Full Version : C360 Stapler empty (occassionally) whilst there is plenty staples in cartridgeq

Custom Search

habik
11-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Just a quick one! Anyone had a issue for the stapler to throw a replace staples or staples empty on the FS527 finisher attached to a c360, whilst there is plenty of staples in cartridge?

No C codes or jamming...just out of blue random "Give me some staples MF.."

Thanks for your help.

Correction FS527 Finisher :)

habik
11-21-2013, 01:51 AM
Has anyone tried to disassemble the Stapler? :D

JustManuals
11-21-2013, 04:37 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

habik
11-21-2013, 04:57 PM
OKAY

Went there Today and tried different staple cartridge holder with staples that are fully working in our office machine. Seem to work fine done 500 double stapled documents.

Then I've put the old staples in our staple cartridge holder and it worked, so I thought, staple cartridge holder it is. To clarify my discovery, I put our working staples in to clients staple cartridge holder. Machine worked fine. 50x double stapled not a single message.:confused:

Then I put brand new staple cartridge in our staple holder and it came with replace staples. The leaf feed motor cycled 9 times then it timed out with "Replace Staples in stapler". OK, I thought. Leaf fed only half way. To clarify put our staple cartridge back to our staple cartridge holder, and it worked straight away motor cycled 3-6 times max with Ready to Copy. To confirm my previous discovery a.e. New out of box staple cartridge in our staple holder, I've put it back in and it timed out on me 3-4 out of 10. Each time I have taken out a leaf to imitate New staple cartridge present with doors shut without the Stapler inside, then obviously putting it back in :)

What I have discovered also is, that there was a gap between new and old staple leaf, the staple leaf wasn't pushed close enough to the previous one coming to the end.

So I suspect a bad batch of staple cartridges, but I would not put my head on the log for it!#

Will keep you posted what happens with New Batch of Staple cartridges.

Custom Search