PDA

View Full Version : Scan ftp under hostname not work

Custom Search

sangcom
11-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Customer use bizhub 211 scan ftp to computer
Customer use network auto ip
1. We configured ftp with ip of computer, It scan work . But ip will change every time when the computers is turned off and turned on, Because customer use network auto ip
2. We will solve the problem configured ftp with hostname But it can not be scanned.
why use hostname it not work
How to configured.

Thank you

rahadyan himura
11-21-2013, 09:48 AM
1. We configured ftp with ip of computer, It scan work . But ip will change every time when the computers is turned off and turned on, Because customer use network auto ip
2. We will solve the problem configured ftp with hostname But it can not be scanned.
How to configured.

Thank you

hmm.. i never scan using host name at bh211, but for another machine is ok. i don't know bh211 supporting ftp using host name. but i have another way to solve your problem.
first, because your costumer using network auto ip (wifi or something like that), so just fix 1 ip address your costumer and the ip address can't change again.
i hope this can help you,

rahadyan

Frostwolf
11-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Did you try typing the hostname all caps? You could also try putting local behind the hostname like this hostname.localIs DNS on local network or outside such as ISP?

aleksander
12-30-2013, 04:42 AM
How to configured.

Thank you

You can not using scan to FTP with Hostname. If you want to use hostname, use SMB mode. But I think there is no Scan to SMB feature in bizhub 211.

Hansoon
12-30-2013, 10:05 AM
The Bizhub 163, 211 has Twain scanning on board. Scan to email and Scan to FTP are only available with the optional print controller. There is no Scan to SMB available for this machine.

Hans

blaze2000
12-30-2013, 11:34 AM
sounds like your using an FTP server software solution on one workstation. As mentioned earlier simply program the router to give that pc a static IP. The problem might simply be incorrect DNS settings on the MFP, check to ensure your settings match that of the network the MFP is on.

Custom Search