PDA

View Full Version : bizhub pro 5500 Eternal loop or something going on.

Custom Search

nucleus
11-22-2013, 06:25 AM
I have a Problem with a bizhub pro 5500 with ic-408 internal rip.

i dont even know if i can explain my problem, but here goes:

A fairly large file(2.5gb) was ripped from quark express 8.0, while it was being ripped, before it completed, it crashed the server, so it was ripped from another pc, but same thing crashed again.

Here is where it gets interesting. After that, this file mysteriously keep showing up on the rip over and over from both PCs. so i erase them and even use remote desktop to access the server to remove them from the temporary file folder, because for some reason they are also being stored there.

Literally over a 12 hr period these files would rip itself so many times it would use up all the hard drive space on the rip.

Now because this is happening all the time it has rendered the 5500 useless, because it takes 20 minutes to rip the smallest file and like 30 minute to print 50 sheets 8.5 x 11 20lb bond.

The rip and both PCs have been rebooted countless times.

Has this ever happened to anyone and if so, how do i fix it?

Thanks and God Bless

JustManuals
11-22-2013, 07:29 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Mick01
11-25-2013, 03:51 AM
It doesn't appear to be a RIP issue. I believe one of the PC's is stil trying to send the print job. Try shutting down the print spool process on the PC's to see if this stops. If the rip has a full HDD, perform a clear server. This will delete all jobs off the HDD.

Custom Search