PDA

View Full Version : Print Quality

Custom Search

Eugene74
11-22-2013, 06:35 AM
Hi,

I wondered if someone could help me with a massive headache I'm experiencing on a C6501 with an external controller (Fiery) connected. I have been to this customer every single day for the last two weeks. They complain about colours that go out.

I have adjusted the gamma settings to the correct settings, calibrated the machine, the fiery and the Screen with a ES-1000 spectrometer and created the profiles to link all the devices together. I have even removed all calibrations.

I have reload the Fiery system software as well.

As soon as we get the colour right the following dat the customer complains that the colours are our again. I had a look at the stabilization sequence and then replace the Gamma/IDC sensor assembly, thinking that might cause the colours to move so drastically.

Still same error - bad print quality or bad colour reproduction. When I made a copy from a Konica Minolta test chart it all seems ok.

The only other thing that has changed is the customer changed there graphic suite from Corel 15 to 16. I don't know corel draw at all, and it seems that the customer can barely help themself with it as well.

Is there any suggestions out there that I can use and can the software cause such sporatic changes on a daily basis.

Thanks,
Eugene

JustManuals
11-22-2013, 07:30 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Synaux
11-25-2013, 05:50 AM
Hi,

I wondered if someone could help me with a massive headache I'm experiencing on a C6501 with an external controller (Fiery) connected. I have been to this customer every single day for the last two weeks. They complain about colours that go out.

I have adjusted the gamma settings to the correct settings, calibrated the machine, the fiery and the Screen with a ES-1000 spectrometer and created the profiles to link all the devices together. I have even removed all calibrations.

I have reload the Fiery system software as well.

As soon as we get the colour right the following dat the customer complains that the colours are our again. I had a look at the stabilization sequence and then replace the Gamma/IDC sensor assembly, thinking that might cause the colours to move so drastically.

Still same error - bad print quality or bad colour reproduction. When I made a copy from a Konica Minolta test chart it all seems ok.

The only other thing that has changed is the customer changed there graphic suite from Corel 15 to 16. I don't know corel draw at all, and it seems that the customer can barely help themself with it as well.

Is there any suggestions out there that I can use and can the software cause such sporatic changes on a daily basis.

Thanks,
Eugene

They probably do not have Corel setup correctly.
Corel drastically changed their color management with x6. Try setting the color management in the print dialogue to the Fiery in corel.
I suggest that you have the customer buy a copy of David Milisock's book that explains things.
I couldn't seem to find his book, but I know that Corel sells his book and here is a
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1aTOFNWdCE presented by him (I have not watched it).
Here is another document for x5 that might help explain certain things here (http://www.corel.com/content/pdf/cdgsx5/Color_Management_Guide.pdf)

There is much more that could be said about internal software color management (e.g., Corel & Adobe) for production, but I hope I provided enough direction.

Custom Search