PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub C253 red wax on fuser -- jams

Custom Search

ITbyaccident
11-25-2013, 08:32 PM
23054Hi All. I just picked up a Konica Minolta Bizhub C253 with about 125K on the counter. When I bought it, the seller said it needed a new "fuser roller" and thought the roller was disintegrating because red waxy material was coming off it. I've ordered a new fuser, but it'll take a couple of weeks to come and wonder if I can get this one up and running. It looks to me that the fuser isn't getting hot enough to melt the wax in the color toner and is gumming up the rollers. I've tried to go into service mode and tried both increasing and decreasing the fuser temperature, to no avail. Any suggestions?

blackcat4866
11-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Most likely you're looking at the silicon sleeve that has separated from the pressure roller, and may edge it's way to one end. It's not wax, it's part of the roller that has peeled off.

If you're careful not to nick the rollers, you can trim off the silicon sleeve with scissors. That will alleviate some of the wrinkling of your copies. Keep in mind that you still need to replace the fuser unit. Without the silicone sleeve the pressure roller will build up with toner and jam. =^..^=

JustManuals
11-25-2013, 11:33 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

ITbyaccident
11-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Most likely you're looking at the silicon sleeve that has separated from the pressure roller, and may edge it's way to one end. It's not wax, it's part of the roller that has peeled off.

If you're careful not to nick the rollers, you can trim off the silicon sleeve with scissors. That will alleviate some of the wrinkling of your copies. Keep in mind that you still need to replace the fuser unit. Without the silicone sleeve the pressure roller will build up with toner and jam. =^..^=

Thanks, Blackcat. It's also throwing a C3423 error warning that the fuser temp on the pressure roller is too low and it just started making a rather nasty noise coming from the vicinity of the fuser. I take it the fuser is toast and I'll just have to wait for the new one.

Thanks for your help!

Custom Search