PDA

View Full Version : c25 or c35 box worth pushing ?

Custom Search

CCS
11-25-2013, 09:05 PM
I need a good desktop MFP color box to sell or lease to my customers.
Thoughts, opinions, different mfg's ???

CompyTech
11-25-2013, 09:36 PM
I need a good desktop MFP color box to sell or lease to my customers.
Thoughts, opinions, different mfg's ???

Skip this series..

They are too finicky with paper jams, consumables wear out too fast.

bperdue
11-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Skip this series..

They are too finicky with paper jams, consumables wear out too fast.

Agree 100% with the statement above.

JR2ALTA
11-28-2013, 01:03 AM
3rd.

juve
11-28-2013, 07:48 AM
Good color copier for office use but if one accelerate the work in this models a problem arise.the waste box is too small and it will be full allready when this indicates only 'soon to replace' and it will cause a disaster.give them extra waste boxes and make it a point to replace waste box on the first warning!

EarthKmTech
11-28-2013, 08:47 AM
they are OK with occasional use - forget about the option tray units, they are garbage and seem like an afterthought.

c35 document feeder is way better than c25's which is realistically for display purposes only as its next to useless unless you are very careful with loading it.

I'm still yet to meet an owner of a c25 that actually likes the machine, if you want the repeat business from the customer, dont sell them one, seriously.

another little known, but internally known "feature" of these machines is that you must not install them in windy environments. This includes next to outside garage doors or under airconditioners. If air blows on the fusing unit it will over compensate on warm up, overshoot the desired temperature and pop the thermal fuse... In such situations you will be replacing fusing units very regularly until its relocated or a wind break is built around the device. Epic design fail (but only in some situations)

jotunn
11-28-2013, 06:05 PM
C25 not worth a penny, C35 little better but far from being a good machine - the only pros is a cheap toner.

Bizhub C35:
- document feeder seems to be designed by brain-dead engineers - separator roller assy dies too often (because of plastic one-way clutch for picking up rollers), even after couple hundred pages.
- few % with dead MFPB
- another few % with dead PRCB - little bit more than MFPB
- few machines with SSD (kind of NV-RAM) problems - KM don't want to replace those parts as in other machines, you have to buy new MFPB
- once dead scanner, and of course you have to buy whole unit, because parts are not available
- problems with flat cables between MFPB and scanner unit

Bizhub C25
- very time consuming repairs, complicated design - if you wanna replace HV board or power supply unit you'd better put a grenade inside the machine
- 25% machine with dead MFPB
- 10% dead PRCB
- few machines with dead main motor

And other strange problems in both machines, for example - machine can't see black IU, so taking another one and it also fails, and the next the same WTF? After few hours we have replaced yellow IU by mistake, and the machine started to work.

Generally, stay away.

__
Funny thing, the best Konica Minolta small machines are made/designed by Teco, NEC and Muratec.

Dickie
11-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Definately worth pushing:(

Off a very high cliff :)

minimerlin
11-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Definately worth pushing:(

Off a very high cliff :)You beat me to that comment!! Make good boat anchors tho!:rolleyes:

EarthKmTech
11-28-2013, 11:10 PM
KM should use canon small engines as per HP for their entry level laser machines and then we would have a decent line up from top to bottom.

KM have never made a decent small machine and even that rebadged xerox bizhub 40P is a colossal piece of shit too.

We gave them away with new machine sales and once the first toner is required ($320 for 19k pages) they are thrown in the bin, not to mention the $127 for 3 tray rollers that last 5 minutes or god forbid you need a new fuser at $850, what a joke of a machine. Give me a HP 4000 series any day.

jotunn
11-29-2013, 12:08 AM
KM should use canon small engines as per HP for their entry level laser machines and then we would have a decent line up from top to bottom.

KM have never made a decent small machine and even that rebadged xerox bizhub 40P is a colossal piece of shit too.

We gave them away with new machine sales and once the first toner is required ($320 for 19k pages) they are thrown in the bin, not to mention the $127 for 3 tray rollers that last 5 minutes or god forbid you need a new fuser at $850, what a joke of a machine. Give me a HP 4000 series any day.

Try Bizhub 240f (rebranded Muratec) - surprisingly good machine, simple design (we were able to dismantle whole machine into really basic pieces in under 15 minutes) and the most problems known from earlier models were solved. Easy to make over 250k copies without problem.

Bizhub 43 - printing engine by Xerox (same as 40p), but MFPB, scanner and those stupid chip cards for toner by Sagem, and... you can't print if another user left machine in copy mode (there's no timeout). Another impressive Sagem's design after 1600f.

HP... 5L, 6L, 4000... impressive machines. Together with my friend we had modified 5L for direct PCB printing.

Synaux
11-29-2013, 06:08 AM
Try Bizhub 240f (rebranded Muratec) - surprisingly good machine, simple design (we were able to dismantle whole machine into really basic pieces in under 15 minutes) and the most problems known from earlier models were solved. Easy to make over 250k copies without problem.

Bizhub 43 - printing engine by Xerox (same as 40p), but MFPB, scanner and those stupid chip cards for toner by Sagem, and... you can't print if another user left machine in copy mode (there's no timeout). Another impressive Sagem's design after 1600f.

HP... 5L, 6L, 4000... impressive machines. Together with my friend we had modified 5L for direct PCB printing.
I personally have an HP 4200n and it is a beast for office level work.

However, I might be wrong here, but I think the OP is looking for a color machine and a MFP at that.

Although I do not work with smaller machines much, I have always been pleasantly surprised with HP's office machines (and their larger copiers and large format machines)--very simple, little propriety nonsense (as opposed to KM, where every known issue/fix must be spoken in hush tones of confidentiality), reasonable consumables when searched for, and even end-user support.

jotunn
11-29-2013, 07:54 AM
However, I might be wrong here, but I think the OP is looking for a color machine and a MFP at that.

Sure I know, and my answer was earlier in this thread ;)

CCS
01-28-2014, 04:27 PM
ok so what desktop color mfp with fax does anyone recommend ?

hotfuser
01-28-2014, 04:47 PM
there is the new C3350/3380 konica minolta which has just replaced the c25/35.
not sure how they are going to perform but they hopefully be better as i have just ordered 8 of them.
c35/c25 are completely sold out from KM now too.

jotunn
01-28-2014, 05:35 PM
C3350/C3380 - there is no service documentation available at this moment (CSES/Infohub), and I couldn't take a look at internal design, but it seems that this is the same crappy design as C35. I bet that the only difference will be PWB-MFP, panel, software and exterior design for modern look. But the rest will be the same as in C35 - frame, PRCB, mechanical design, scanner, ADF. So probably those machines will share 50% problems with earlier model, and they will have few brand new problems - new software (bugfixes once a week), cold solder joints and other.

kyoceran
01-28-2014, 07:32 PM
good box on the whole, but on two separate machine we have experienced the k IU going feint on the op and is only fixed by re inserting the K IU, any ideas for a long term fix, Develop unsure !

Mooseface2r
02-10-2014, 02:15 PM
has anyone got an idea what the C3350/3380 will be called in develop numbers?

WildbillC
02-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Skip the C25. The C35 is OK, but not in the same league as a C224e. It all depends on where it is placed.....

Custom Search