PDA

View Full Version : C654 Scanning issue.

Custom Search

Haugen
11-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Hey.
i have a c654 which have some issues whit scanning.

SMB/FTP scanning works like a charm localy. and FTP scan to an online ftp server works ok.
Scan to mail ect ect works. but here comes the catch.

When we try to scan internaly in the network to a server on the other side of a VPN it creates the files. but the files are empty. and the MFP "hangs" up Sending till it times out.

Have tried:
Setting up the Timeout limit.
Checked evrey nettwork setting in the mfp.
We have tried whit sevral accounts for authentication. Including Domain Admins ect...
if i give my laptop the IP adress the MFP evrything works ok from the laptop.
Have done the usual Firmware, Dataclear, HDD formats, swaped HDD, Mainboard, Ram.

Running out of ideas. Anny of you have anny ?

and
11-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Hey.

SMB/FTP scanning works like a charm localy. and FTP scan to an online ftp server works ok.

When we try to scan internaly in the network to a server on the other side of a VPN it creates the files. but the files are empty. and the MFP "hangs" up Sending till it times out.

Have tried:
We have tried whit sevral accounts for authentication. Including Domain Admins ect...
Have done the usual Firmware, Dataclear, HDD formats, swaped HDD, Mainboard, Ram.

Try in Network Settings, SMB authentication setting Kerberos mode and set if kerberos fails use NTLM V1/V2

BHM
11-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Hey.

Have tried:

If you are scanning to a 2012 server, you will probably need the latest firmware on that bizhub. 2012 has new smb specs that older firmware can not authenticate with.

BHM
11-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Try in Network Settings, SMB authentication setting Kerberos mode and set if kerberos fails use NTLM V1/V2

I have not tried this but this might work as well. I actually have an open ticket on a customer and I will give this a shot. Thanks

EarthKmTech
11-27-2013, 09:36 PM
scanning over a vpn is often an issue on all km machines because of their inability to accurately determine the correct mtu size to use in such a situation.

I have had success many times with REDUCING the mtu size in use over the VPN on the network itself, so the machine's packets will be sized appropriately and fit though. There is no way of adjusting the machine.

Doing a packet capture will confirm if this is the problem, but i bet it is.

The first packet will be smaller than usual and make it through A-ok, but the second will continue retransmitting, no confirmation will be received and this will continue till time out.

Haugen
11-28-2013, 08:09 AM
scanning over a vpn is often an issue on all km machines because of their inability to accurately determine the correct mtu size to use in such a situation.

I have had success many times with REDUCING the mtu size in use over the VPN on the network itself, so the machine's packets will be sized appropriately and fit though. There is no way of adjusting the machine.

Doing a packet capture will confirm if this is the problem, but i bet it is.

The first packet will be smaller than usual and make it through A-ok, but the second will continue retransmitting, no confirmation will be received and this will continue till time out.

This was intresting.
Ive given the VPN admin a pointer in that direction, so time will show.

EarthKmTech
11-28-2013, 08:59 AM
I was half asleep when i wrote that.

What i meant was the first data transfer packet will make it through, this will make it through and is obviously what is creating the file name, but then the subsequent full size packets with the data to fill up that new file are not getting through.

All the packets for the authentication crap prior to creating the new file and filling it are probably nice a small hence why its only failing when it starts to transfer the actual data, which will be the full size packets.

'the packet capture must be done on the machine side of the network, not the receiving end.

This has been my experience a number of times anyway.

Haugen
11-28-2013, 09:29 AM
were doing the the try and fail method.
changing settings in the VPN tunell first. to se what happens.

If this fails, are there ways to work around it ? Can data be sendt unencrytped through a VPN ?

Haugen
12-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Well, we managed to find a solution.
Tried reconfiguring the VPN ect. but in the end we switched the Router on the offsite, and it works.

Custom Search