PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 224 / 445 mac settings

Custom Search

dickierock
12-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Hi,
Can anyone with more Mac experience guide me with driver or machine settings for getting the best quality from pdf prints.
The customer had a ricoh previously and finds the new 454 a bit flat on the colour quality.I have used "print as image" and various settings to improve a bit but if anyone with Mac expertise let me know how they set them up I would very much appreciate it.
Cheers all.

occus
12-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi

That's not so easy, because ricoh has a original postscript driver and KM use a emulation... there is a big difference.
I get the best quality with a self created icc profile... no chance to get a good solution without your own profile! buy a colormeter from xrite or something like that.

there are different decisions... always follow a line not cross over!

Level 1, in Software:
If your customer use adobe software, (color-management by software or by printer) use printer for solid prints but the colors are not really true. It's also a question of cmyk or RGB, use by Software only if you have your own created icc, and copy it in library>colorsync>profiles, after you can choose in dropdown menu.

Level 2, in OSX:
Driver Adjusments but Mac based, >Colorsync: by ICC or by Printer (use printer or icc if you have your own and your software have not a own color-management choice)

Level 3 in Printer Driver:
in the quality tab (i don't know the english driver mask but hope you understand)

1. pure black > on

2. raster > gradation

3. color typ >metric (the last one in the list) and make the sam adjustments for 3 areas, texts photos and graphics

... i loose many many many hours by testing the different adjustments and have now a lot of experience with the machines... and had never found somebody who can explain me the best adjustments... because you have to know the mac/the adobe software/the bizhub machines all together and not only a part, thats difficult.

dickierock
12-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Occus,thanks very much for your input,
I will look at these and just one other thing.
I notice the mac's are very slow to spool the print job?It seems to take a long time on the print queue.
Is this an issue with the konica minolta mac drivers?
Is there anything can be done to improve this?

Many thanks Occus.

occus
12-06-2013, 02:51 PM
slow printing? compared to what? to the rico or to PC Windows?
Windows use printerlanguage PCL and Mac use Postscript. And 1 sentence code in pcl is a hole page code in PS, of corse the PS is slower than PC Windows.

The rico use original PS, which can speed up, i don't know...

-update your network to 1000mbit.

-try to install the printer with a other protocol, bonjour or not IP... if you get a error (IPP V2 not supported) take the IP protocol.

Custom Search