PDA

View Full Version : 7550ci freak problem

Custom Search

bronco31
12-04-2013, 06:40 AM
cyan was weak after long runs so i swapped out the dev unit, the usual routine, vacuum out all the ducts, box in back etc, then upgrade from ver 5 to 6

a week later all the drums have snapped gears (the little paddle that connects to the auger)
the end/exit of the cleaning auger of the drums have hard toner nuggets/pebbles!
the auger is unable to turn thus the small gear train on the back of each drum (under a white plastic cover) starts skipping or snaps.

whats did i do or is this coincidence ? why the hard toner jamming up the drum cleaning auger?
when i vacuum i can HEAR the pebbles bouncing up my vacuum hose!
i replaced the drums but issue comes back
internal temps and room temp all normal
yes the whole mod kit was installed
any help advice appreciated!

Kyo fan
12-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Looks to me that your toner powder is hardening (turning to stone) inside drums waste toner area and causing that. Never had it happen to me on color machine, but had few b/w machines breaking gears and waste toner spirals inside due to that. What i did was rma drums and got new ones. It is weird that it happened with oem toners. In your case it's really a pita that it happens on all 4 drums.

bronco31
12-04-2013, 03:56 PM
i just dont get it.. the Hotline says its heat related..??
but ive got a 6550ci in a room thats at 45C ext temp and no toner hardening..
i lean towrd some issue in that inner unit that sits on the 2 rails up front...

JustManuals
12-04-2013, 09:08 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

bronco31
12-10-2013, 05:00 AM
update on the fix...
be careful with that big inner unit that sits on the 2 rails..its toner waste cleaning augers are driven by a main body motor/ gear that sticks out on the right side....driving gears inside the inner unit.. its gears have a white shaft that unclips easily and then the gears stop being driven causing my toner packing issues in all 4 drums...
so the issue was waste toner auger gears inside the inner unit not being driven

blackcat4866
12-11-2013, 01:37 AM
This will confirm what you found.

It was common on the VoyagerE series to see this. All the waste toner drive is driven by one shaft, through guide B1. If that shaft stops turning for any length of time, every drum unit will pack full of rocks. Causes:
1) Broken handles B1
2) Broken middle feed frame (where it latches)
3) Broken posts that support handle B1
4) Warped middle feed assy (gears do not engage with hopper assy well)

Heat can cause this kind of a problem, but is not the only cause. =^..^=

Custom Search