PDA

View Full Version : biz 423

Custom Search

jsj_297
12-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Got a 423, with 36k. Shows a constant "turn power off then back on" message that I can't get to clear. It shows no error codes, or any other message. Tried trouble reset several tines, w/o change. Can get into service mode, but will not print any lists. Machine was installed in 2011 and this is the very first call on it.

Anybody seen this before?

Thanx

Avskrap
12-04-2013, 12:32 PM
(I know this, because I was browsing the infohub earlier today looking for the movie data for a bizhub 283)
There's a firmware that solves this issue. The solution is included in the latest mass production FW (G00-D6).
Load that, and the problem should go away.

jsj_297
12-04-2013, 02:44 PM
(I know this, because I was browsing the infohub earlier today looking for the movie data for a bizhub 283)
There's a firmware that solves this issue. The solution is included in the latest mass production FW (G00-D6).
Load that, and the problem should go away.

that's cool, I appreciate your response. When I tried updating fw the screen went black and 3 mins later fw screen popped up and immediately said controller N.G. I waited about 5 mins and reset machine. I attempted rewriting again and now I get the spinning hourglass of death.....book says replace controller if fw update goes bad. Is that true? Or is there a recovery trick? I've even tried reloading orginial fw levels (C2) and nothing helps.

Avskrap
12-04-2013, 04:08 PM
I'd say it's time to start swapping boards.
If you could see the error codes, I'd wager you have CA05x (1, 2 or 3).
Swap the MFPB (A1UDH02102), try loading FW (G00-D6).

jsj_297
12-04-2013, 05:08 PM
I'd say it's time to start swapping boards.
If you could see the error codes, I'd wager you have CA05x (1, 2 or 3).
Swap the MFPB (A1UDH02102), try loading FW (G00-D6).
Yeah that's what km tech support is saying too. Thanx 4 ur Assistance. :)

jsj_297
12-05-2013, 03:10 AM
Yeah that's what km tech support is saying too. Thanx 4 ur Assistance. :)

OK, finally got the Firmware to take, I found a Controller (C8) and a different boot up FW. Got the machine back to my original problem of the

"turn power off then back on" message.......

After troubleshooting for a possible Power supply issue, I noticed a pattern upon start up timing.....(Yes im an old school Toshiba tech, I know how to use the timing charts ;) Wish KM had something like this, it wouldve saved me a few hours.

Long story short, machine functions with the HDD selected as "uninstalled".....Rebooted 3 times to confirm = ok.
Turned HDD back to "installed" failed 2 reboots.

Ordered HDD, and left in uninstalled position until return. Not sure what the HDD does on KM's because everything functions still. Fax, Copy, print, scanning.....Anyways.

Thanks for the help, I will follow up after installing New HDD and applicable Movie/library FW's to disk drive.

(oh yeah, the boot up function timing of the HDD appears to be after scanner moves to white reference, doing its adjustment, than comes back to home position....This is when it dies and gives u the screen of death) Just an fyi.

Avskrap
12-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Ah, a failed HDD. Quite common, just didn't think of it. Haven't had any problem loading FW if the HDD's been busted.
You're correct, all the functions are there still but they're limited, i.e. scanning is limited to like... 5-6 pages.

blaze2000
12-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the follow, good information. Anyway, The service manuals for Konica machines do have timing charts. I attached a screenshot from the manual.

jsj_297
12-06-2013, 12:56 AM
Ah, a failed HDD. Quite common, just didn't think of it. Haven't had any problem loading FW if the HDD's been busted.
You're correct, all the functions are there still but they're limited, i.e. scanning is limited to like... 5-6 pages.

Yeah me either! Thats what kicked my butt for too many hours.......I was following my gut, and eliminating the Power supply. Oh well, live and learn, right? lol

Never seen one give this message either, nor has KM tech support jfyi.....Nor has any of the other techs i have talked to at work.

jsj_297
12-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the follow, good information. Anyway, The service manuals for Konica machines do have timing charts. I attached a screenshot from the manual.
Why have I not ever been able to find those? jeez lol Im gonna look at it and see if it wouldve helped me here. I got the start up sequence dang near memorized now!!! :cool:

Custom Search