PDA

View Full Version : Banding out of the box on Bizhub C30P

Custom Search

lgstephen
03-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Just delivered a brand new Bizhub C30P and know almost nothing about these units. Text prints looked fine, but any large area of color or black and white has serious banding that appears mechanical. There are 8+ heavy bands through any solid color, and many other ghosted bands or lighter areas.

It seems to be from each imaging unit, but they all look great and I've ensured that they are installed correctly.

My go-to tech said that is just how this machine prints - but I can't believe it - its bad enough that excel charts and photos both come out looking like they've been scraped lengthwise along the short side of the page. The customer was very unhappy and wants it fixed - anyone have an idea? I believe this is the same as the MC5570.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

redhotrob
03-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Might there be fuser pressure levers left in the envelope position?

lgstephen
03-11-2008, 05:11 AM
Thats an interesting idea, thank you redhotrob. I hope it is something that simple, as these are some of my favorite customers but they're very picky.

I'm going back in to try and resolve the issue tomorrow -- does anyone else know of things I might look for? If this were any other brand of printer, I would assume the drum needed to be replaced... but this is brand new!

mikeena
03-11-2008, 02:56 PM
i personally have not seen this model yet. and its funny that you say your go to tech has. the question i have is has he. if he says thats the way it suppose to look, witch i would not be suprised. konica minolta likes to make a piece of crap every once and awhile. keep there techs on there toes.(di161)lmao. This is key for sales people. they see this little machine on paper and think wow i can sell this. its got better quality then a c6500. once you recieve it and take it there the customer cant figure out why its not asking if they want head... lmao.. none the less i will check with my team today to see what they say

lgstephen
03-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks for your suggestions... I hope this isn't a bad machine, I would think it would have a reputation if it did prints this bad all the time.

I checked the fuser paper/envelope selector and it was correctly set on paper. I wish it had been that easy. After removing, reseating, and trying everything I could think of, I ended up calling KM Supportline and got a guy who said it was the "NEW syndrome..." ... since it was brand new, he thought the scraper blades on the toner was not pliable enough, and was making these lines. I'm hoping he isn't pulling my leg completely, I've never heard of a printer getting better with age but he said to give it a few days or a few hundred prints.

We're running 24 lb and 20 lb paper - nothing fancy.

Check out the attachment to see the banding I'm talking about... it seems to always be the same distance apart, but they don't appear in the exact same spot on every print.

mikeena
03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
yes the famous konica minolta tech support. they will always have a answer. even if it is b*llS*it. i dont think running a few hundred copies on it will work. if taht was the problem i would suggest tring a new unit if you have one. more then likely if there is a problem in that section you are going to have to replace the whole thing. not saying there always wrong but to be honest they have never helped me out.. i call them because it opens a ticket and i cover my a$$ but 99.9 percent of the time i give them the answer to my problem. the .1% time theyt helped is they sent me a DSM. lol

lgstephen
03-12-2008, 02:46 PM
WELL - believe it or not, the folks at KM Support may have been right! We ran 1,600 pages (1100 color) for a big job yesterday, and the banding was lightened significantly. However, it is definitely still there - but at least it is much less in your face now.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting rid of it completely? Might a better paper or some setting help? Thanks again for all your help!

Custom Search