PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Mac Printing Issue

Custom Search

emujo
12-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Customer has a C284e and Mac 10.7.x. Download and install the driver package, add printer, IP address, LPD, "print" queue name. Select printer software opens window, but nothing populates, so I can't choose the proper driver for the MFP. Not a MAC expert so any ideas would be appreciated. BTW old C652 was setup and working properly. Emujo

wseyller
12-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Sometimes a reboot may allow the list to show up. At least it normally works for me. At one time I knew a terminal command that immediately makes the list not empty anymore. I could not find the terminal command so far. What causes it I don't know but it is somewhat common issue.

I did find several times in the apple forum that says you may need to reset the printing system. Instructions here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

emujo
12-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the quick response..Emujo

occus
12-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Your problem is fixed?
Alternative you can copy the files in the directories... the installer makes the same. If you need more input i can tell you.
but first thing is to reset the spooler...

Resetting the printing system in OS X Lion

To use the Reset Printing System function in Lion, follow these steps:
-Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
-Choose Print & Scan from the View menu.
-Hold down the Option key while clicking the "-" (Remove printer) button. If no printers are currently added, hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (Add printer) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.

Edit***
be informed that all printer are deleted after this reset!

emujo
12-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Haven't had time to re-visit the account, will post results, thanks, Emujo

Custom Search