PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BH C203 Random b/w pages

Custom Search

sgb8998
12-09-2013, 02:43 PM
I have a konica minolta bh c203, when copying or printing in color it randomley prints in b/w. It is printing using color but it's only showing b/w bc the cyan and magenta are not showing. If I do sky shot, black and yellow always look good when I do magenta and cyan sometimes they come out fine and other times they are just blank copies. I have reseated all the connectors on the boards but not sure where to go from here, the customer is chargeable so I don't just want to start throwing parts at the machine. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Scott

copytechman
12-09-2013, 03:12 PM
I would likely start by looking @ the transfer belt unit. Check the belt roller engage/disengage action.

Regards!

A.

sgb8998
12-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Thank you. the thing is I replaced the transfer belt 3 months ago and they have used half of the life. The customer told that it did a few times before I replaced the transfer belt. the belt was replaced for other reasons though, and they never brought that up to me then. I'll still try the belt again though. Thank you very much for the help

JustManuals
12-09-2013, 09:36 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

MVPunisher
12-09-2013, 09:38 PM
You could try Lasers , but the fact its 2 colors seems unlikely (separate lasers), you can try imaging units but again seems unlikely due to the coincidence of both having same issue. I would suspect HV unit bad or the PRCB bad (not controlling the HV unit correctly). Being said I rarely have seen PRCBs go on these and have seen the HV unit go on more than one occasion.

Just a guess but I would guess an HV issue.

EarthKmTech
12-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Inside the fuser drive assembly, it contains the transfer belt pressure retraction clutch.

When it starts to bind you will have intermittent colour disengagement.

It would be all three colours disappearing not just 2 if this is responsible.

I've also had the HV board fail on a few occasions on this engine.

HoonBoy
12-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Inside the fuser drive assembly, it contains the transfer belt pressure retraction clutch.

When it starts to bind you will have intermittent colour disengagement.

It would be all three colours disappearing not just 2 if this is responsible.

I've also had the HV board fail on a few occasions on this engine.

Clutch is indeed the most possible cause...

MVPunisher
12-10-2013, 02:55 PM
As a previous poster said I would suspect all 3 colors would be gone if the clutch.

If indeed the clutch, it is a good time. I have had a few fail. Different symptoms though. Wasnt completely blank print was just very very light and washed out.

copytechman
12-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Also you would get an error code if the belt slider (engagement mechanism) didnt do a full cycle and engage the welding sensor properly... .C2152 was a known issue when the machine was initially released (and since rectified with a belt mode and sensor arm/mechanism change.

Regards!

Thats reason I said to check the belt specifically.

A!

Custom Search