PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub 654 with ongoing C2204 error

Custom Search

wseyller
12-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Bizhub 654 (black only model) with Error C2204

Copier was installed at the customer location 3/18/13 with 4600 pages

Issue first came on 10/7/13 and almost new waste box was replaced. 176k pages

11/15/13 In the service history I found it showed this code 11 times in the same day. I called KMBS support. Had me check the resistors and reseat all related cables on PRCB and PHRYB. Replaced the wastebox again and replace the PS23 sensor. I printed 100 pages of test page and watched the gears with the front door open and the waste toner gears/mechanism was rotating good. I looked into the tip of the waste auger where the waste exits in the waste box and it looked clear. 209k pages

12/9/13 Customer is now showing the error again. Approx 245k pages.

Wondering if anyone has experience with this issue on this model. Not sure if I should replace motor, PRCB, PHRYB, or something else all together. Changing the waste box seems to temporarily relieve the issue. Did not find any bulletins or firmware issues relate to the issue for this model.

blaze2000
12-10-2013, 03:27 AM
Haven't seen the issue but I would first suspect the sensor ps23 flaking out but you replaced that so check all your gears for cracks and or broken teeth and replace the m20 motor. Good luck, hope it isn't a board, doesn't seem like it.

JSC
12-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Had this a few times, but only with pirate waste btls.

EarthKmTech
12-10-2013, 12:40 PM
ive only ever had waste toner bottles faulty or the waste toner drive assembly fail.

if the box doesn't fix it that's what i would be changing next, it sounds like it works fine until theres some waste in the box and then it cant move it anymore. Very seriously doubt its electrical.

Also make sure the box isnt filling up with developer from a failing developing unit, that will screw it up straight away.

JustManuals
12-10-2013, 03:59 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

wseyller
12-10-2013, 06:19 PM
I arrived at customer site little while ago. They are at 223k on counter. Service history showed 2204 a total of 9 times for 12/6 and 12/9. I sat there with the front door open and watched waste assy gear rotate smoothly for over 750 pages I ran in paper passage test with no code. Barely anything any toner in the box. I reopened my ticket and they say were at the mercy of the steps in the service manual. Since motor seems to be working they are asking me to replace the PHRYB board.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wseyller
12-12-2013, 03:45 AM
Well I arrived onsite with the PHRYB board. Copier hasn't coded since. Replaced the board but it may be quite a while before I see if it codes again if at all. If something comes up I will update the thread.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Custom Search