PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Printer lock up on C364e

Custom Search

emujo
12-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Customer has a new C364e latest firmware and currrent drivers. Printing from an application server using a program called Adobe Central Output Server ver 5.5 and Prophet 21 ver 12.0. Prophet sends a data stream to Adobe Output, Adobe processes the job and creates from 200- 500 invoices that are sent to the printer 1 page at a time (meaning there are 200-500 individual jobs in the print queue). After about 30-40 pages the output stops, the blue data indicator remains blinking, but nothing else is printed. The walk up user can copy, and scan w/o issues, but the MFP must be restarted in order to continue the job. Again, 30-50 sheets will process and the process must be repeated again. I have tried various settings in the driver ( spool settings, print as image, raw ver LPR with no effect). I have also tried playing with the NIC speed (Customer has a 1GB network). Customers are using Terminal Services to access the "prophet" software. Each user also has a local copy of the driver for "other" printing which seems to be behaving normally. Any ideas? Emujo

Mr Spock
12-12-2013, 12:37 AM
I just googled this and found something to try. once it locks up have the customer try the following:

Open the Control Center and go to Control -> Start Server.

If this works then it is something with their server settings or the reset after each page being corrupted.

At least that is what some one posted on one of the jetforms forums.

emujo
12-12-2013, 02:35 PM
I had the guy try to run the job with a generic HP laserjet driver. He says so far so good...maybe the emperon/KM driver has an issue with 100s of print jobs hitting all at once. Emujo

Custom Search