PDA

View Full Version : C35 C0096 fault code 1st image transferpressure/retraction error

Custom Search

faultman
12-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Hello
I am seeing a number of these little printers with the following code C0096, Does anyone have any fixes or tips to help. The transfer belt has been swopped and the machine just constantly clicks from the solenoid on the drive before coding up.....seems to me that this is going to be a big issue on these machines as they get older and less reliable.
appreciate any help and view from frustrated copier techs :mad:
thank you

JustManuals
12-11-2013, 05:20 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

faultman
12-12-2013, 02:56 PM
are other techs at least seeing this fault....even if they dont know a cure. Then at least I know i'm not alone ;)

EarthKmTech
12-12-2013, 10:22 PM
I've never had it, but i know SECOND transfer pressure retraction is a problem on the C25 / 35 series and there is a bulletin for it, you can either fix the solenoid or simply replace the entire right side door.

never heard of anyone having first transfer pressure retraction / application errors though.

wseyller
12-12-2013, 11:38 PM
I remember it is 0094 that is the second transfer retraction. I have replaced a few of the right door assy which is actually referred to as Vertical conveyance assembly. Part# A121R70222. Lots of disassembly because of the cable harness that wraps around the other side to the PRCB. Requires removal of at least the fax card, HDD, adf, scanner. I have done several and takes me about 40 minutes to make the swap.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

nvram
12-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Hi,
I have been working on this problem for a while now, and have finally found the cause/solution, which is one of the gears on the planetary gear assembly is slipping on the shaft that is designed to drive the transfer retraction, all are plastic, and worse, they are not available as a spare part, but it can still be repaired by packing the gear and shaft together to make them a tighter fit, to be able to do this the gearbox has to be removed as a complete unit, then stripped otherwise it will be a nightmare to reassemble, this will cure the problem, although the fix is very time consuming, it is better than the alternative I.e scrapping the machine.

nvram
12-23-2013, 01:11 AM
23367The top gear does not drive, the plastic shaft slips.

Hansoon
12-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Any battery operated little fluffy toy from China seems to have better gears in it..............

Hans

Synaux
12-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Any battery operated little fluffy toy from China seems to have better gears in it..............

Hans
I've got nothing now but a "lol" :cool:

Hansoon
12-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Likes are welcome in the Dark Days before Christmas.... :D

Hans

tech51
12-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi,
I have been working on this problem for a while now, and have finally found the cause/solution, which is one of the gears on the planetary gear assembly is slipping on the shaft that is designed to drive the transfer retraction, all are plastic, and worse, they are not available as a spare part, but it can still be repaired by packing the gear and shaft together to make them a tighter fit, to be able to do this the gearbox has to be removed as a complete unit, then stripped otherwise it will be a nightmare to reassemble, this will cure the problem, although the fix is very time consuming, it is better than the alternative I.e scrapping the machine.

Or you could replace the machine and keep the old one as a donor machine for mfp/print control boards/scanner assy/df assy/ print head etc etc which all fail at fairly regular intervals (especially if you have a lot of these in the field). I would be pretty sure that the cost of a new machine would be a lot less than the individual cost of these items. If you include the work time involved as well. Someone needs to do the sums.

lenovos
01-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Hi,
How hard is it to get the gear box out?

andyf424
01-22-2015, 10:25 PM
Konica just can't seem to make a decent small machine. I cringe every time I get a call on one of these.... Has it always been like this?:mad:

EarthKmTech
01-24-2015, 06:37 AM
I am thinking about manufacturing the 2 gears out of brass, the one that rounds out in the middle and the one with the shaft that goes into it. (normally both plastic)

I am only thinking about it at this stage, it there was sufficient interest i may consider putting the gears on ebay or some such. They wont be cheap, but will be cheaper than throwing the machine away.

It takes a full day to replace them however so it's only worth doing if you've got spare time. It really is not a field repair, you need to take A LOT of stuff off to access the main drive. It is not designed to be removed.

Machines applicable would be the c25/C3110 & C35/P

I also discovered the C3350/C3850 also uses the same plastc flimsy 1st transfer retraction drive planetary gear set, but at least on those the main drive is designed to be replaced and is available as a spare part. Look forward to the same errors on those too. But they have their own problems with defective black imaging units and transfer belts falling to pieces and jamming inside the machine requiring brute force and ignorance to remove.

RRodgers
02-12-2015, 02:46 AM
Konica just can't seem to make a decent small machine. I cringe every time I get a call on one of these.... Has it always been like this?:mad:
Just got this code on a machine. I don't think Konica made this box. I think someone else did and they sell it.

EarthKmTech
02-12-2015, 08:52 AM
PWB-A has KM part number silk screened on it along with NCU card. MFP board has KM branded asics all over it. Doubt anyone but KM made these machines.

RRodgers
02-12-2015, 04:32 PM
PWB-A has KM part number silk screened on it along with NCU card. MFP board has KM branded asics all over it. Doubt anyone but KM made these machines.
Good to know, thanks for the info.

Synaux
02-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Likes are welcome in the Dark Days before Christmas.... :D

Hans
It doesn't show a like or thank but tells me but tells me "You do not have permission to undo a button click."

RRodgers
02-13-2015, 12:41 PM
Also still have this issue, I know it's not the sensor as I've swapped it with another (seems all the sensors are the same in this box per the part manual) the drive feels true to it as I've turned the motor and engaged the solenoid and it does turn without problem, even if I put some resistance to it.

Any other thoughts guys?

xeroprint
04-14-2015, 01:14 PM
hey
I have 2 machines with this error - how to solve it?

RRodgers
04-14-2015, 04:31 PM
hey
I have 2 machines with this error - how to solve it?
Our solution was to sell them a New machine.

tekhed
04-14-2015, 11:51 PM
How hard is it to get the gear box out?

Our team leader did it once. You take the entire machine apart down to about 4 screws remaining. The inside dimension of the tiny planetary gear becomes elongated instead of circular to rotate on the shaft. The gear is not a valid part.

Gordi
12-09-2015, 09:31 AM
Hi All

I'm experiencing 0096 errors shortly after replacing the transfer belt. The machine starts up with a gear jumping noise & then goes into the error.
I fitted the old belt back & it still does the same thing....

CraigW
03-16-2016, 06:02 PM
Another 0096 code here, pretty much an impractical/impossible repair....... and a machine that is getting replaced.

Most scary to me, is the fact that the C3350 uses the same items in this section.

Thanks for all the info !!!

tech51
03-16-2016, 07:23 PM
You can sometimes get away with stretching out the springs on the transfer rollers and giving every cam and bearing surface a good dose of grease.
It's worth a try but depends on how worn the gearbox is.
It might buy you enough time to get the sales department involved!

CraigW
03-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Just unboxed & setup the replacement C3110 today.

Thanks for reply, may mess around with it and attempt suggestion.

3boydad
03-19-2016, 03:31 AM

I have a spare machine im going to try and fix myself. As you can see here in the pictures what the problem is. As stated in this thread i'm going to try and pack the gear to keep it from slipping. I wish i Had a 3D printer to make a new one.

EarthKmTech
03-19-2016, 04:17 AM

I have a spare machine im going to try and fix myself. As you can see here in the pictures what the problem is. As stated in this thread i'm going to try and pack the gear to keep it from slipping. I wish i Had a 3D printer to make a new one.

considerable torque is transfered through the shaft that rounds out the hole in the big gear - it is a crap design. 3d printed gears would fail instantly under the stress this connection is under. Ideally the gears should be brass.

I wrapped the outer diameter of the stretched out hole side gear with battery tags and spot welded them together as a collar after crushing the plastic to fit. I also packed out the inside and jammed them together.

Bench tested with power supply and signal generator to run the main motor and actuated the solenoid repeatedly till it failed. It did not last more than a few actuations. This is the only way to test if you dont want a million hours of labour between each attempt. might work with some ultra high strength glue. I still have the machine in pieces and may try again one day.

BTW, it looks like the 3350 / 3850 may use the same planetary gear set for transfer belt separation. The main drive on those is orderable as a spare part. I have not confirmed if the gears fit though.

3boydad
03-19-2016, 04:30 AM
considerable torque is transfered through the shaft that rounds out the hole in the big gear - it is a crap design. 3d printed gears would fail instantly under the stress this connection is under. Ideally the gears should be brass.

I wrapped the outer diameter of the stretched out hole side gear with battery tags and spot welded them together as a collar after crushing the plastic to fit. I also packed out the inside and jammed them together.

Bench tested with power supply and signal generator to run the main motor and actuated the solenoid repeatedly till it failed. It did not last more than a few actuations. This is the only way to test if you dont want a million hours of labour between each attempt. might work with some ultra high strength glue. I still have the machine in pieces and may try again one day.

BTW, it looks like the 3350 / 3850 may use the same planetary gear set for transfer belt separation. The main drive on those is orderable as a spare part. I have not confirmed if the gears fit though.

what about a putty epoxy packed in there? Think that will hold? I would order a Drive from a 3350 if i knew it had the right gear. I don't understand how Konica wont offer this gear, the solution is bs. They know it's this gear failing. I have a really nice spare c35 and this is the only problem with it.

3boydad
03-19-2016, 05:44 PM
well i found a gear set on ebay, i bought them. I like the brass idea is there a way to have them made of brass now lol

fishleg
03-22-2016, 12:53 AM
I despise these machines with a passion... What a load of w#'k. Horrible machine to work on definitely not worth selling on a lease that lasts over a month ><.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

3boydad
03-22-2016, 01:55 AM
I despise these machines with a passion... What a load of w#'k. Horrible machine to work on definitely not worth selling on a lease that lasts over a month ><.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I have worked on just about every KM model there is, and one thing i learned, there is always someone whom hates every machine no matter what model. It's a decent box if you take care of them. I have some in the field with half a mill. Which is decent duty for a c35

Custom Search