PDA

View Full Version : C451 false jam

Custom Search

mrfuser
12-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Machine shows jam on right side behind large door lower area. No jam found and service mode does not show any jam codes. Can't clear the jam.
is this a bad sensor under fuser ?

kelly

mailderrick
12-12-2013, 06:15 PM
I just saw this..odd no one ever responded. What did you end up finding anyway?
Derrick

mrfuser
12-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Nothing yet. It is odd no response! Going back today for more fun!:mad:

I just saw this..odd no one ever responded. What did you end up finding anyway?
Derrick

JustManuals
12-12-2013, 07:20 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Synaux
12-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Nothing yet. It is odd no response! Going back today for more fun!:mad:
Dunno...
Are you able to reset in SM or trouble reset it to work at all?

mrfuser
12-12-2013, 08:43 PM
No it won't change. Tried that

UOTE=Synaux;393641]Dunno...
Are you able to reset in SM or trouble reset it to work at all?[/QUOTE]

EarthKmTech
12-12-2013, 10:17 PM
is it the fuser or the duplex unit its complaining about.

its not uncommon for the central duplex unit actuator to fall out resulting in a permanent jam state.

The fuser itself reporting a jam will be the sensor on the exit guide assembly on the door or the registration sensor under the paper dust remover, check they are operational.

the actuator under the fuser is a fusing loop sensor, make sure its not snapped or growing a beard.

mrfuser
12-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Shows jam indicator as lower inside large door that opens on right. Nothing shows jam in service mode.

QUOTE=EarthKmTech;393671]is it the fuser or the duplex unit its complaining about.

its not uncommon for the central duplex unit actuator to fall out resulting in a permanent jam state.

The fuser itself reporting a jam will be the sensor on the exit guide assembly on the door or the registration sensor under the paper dust remover, check they are operational.

the actuator under the fuser is a fusing loop sensor, make sure its not snapped or growing a beard.[/QUOTE]

EarthKmTech
12-12-2013, 10:53 PM
take a picture of the display and post it

Flash
12-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Check PS39. I have had to replace a couple of those. You can check it in state confirmation.

mrfuser
12-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Can't upload pic from phone at moment

i have replaced aced every sensor I can see on right feed path and still shows jam with a little circle above bypass showing a teal arrow showing to lower right door and the circle is at very bottom of that opening.

help!!

where is ps39?

mrfuser
12-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Of course last sensor checked and swapped at non op side of duplex cleared it! Only problem now is jam leaving fuser going into the gate on the upper part of door. Swapped the sensor on that an still jams. Fuser is pushing it up as it gets folded so what's the deal now???

kelly

EarthKmTech
12-13-2013, 08:04 AM
if the exit guide assembly isnt turning, and i think thats where you mean its jamming, then make sure drive is getting to it - if the drive bushing from the fusing drive unit with the little white gear on it under the exit belt drive assy is flogged out the gear wont drive the exit belt drive assembly or the exit guide assembly on the right side door.

shouldnt be hard to work out whats going on now.

Zeldaman
12-13-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi there!
The most common probem is the 16 T-gear A00J895300 (partscatalogue page 60 #16 ), it causes a lot of the squeeking problems & jams. I change it after 50-70K copies/prints.
Hope this helps.
Greetings...

minimerlin
12-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Of course last sensor checked and swapped at non op side of duplex cleared it! Only problem now is jam leaving fuser going into the gate on the upper part of door. Swapped the sensor on that an still jams. Fuser is pushing it up as it gets folded so what's the deal now???

kellyWhat about the switchback guide above the fuser? I have had these stick in the wrong position or be out of adjustment or just not work!

mrfuser
12-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Okay, good news, all good! Replaced the gate assembly on the door that sits above fuser when closed and it started working mostly, but still random jams, then replaced the Drive assembly to the right of the fuser that has the swing gears with spring on them, then PERFECT, no more jams and all looks great! Odd thing was first copy came out solid cyan, then pulled cyan drum and reinstalled then perfect copies.

Thanks all for your help, ESPECIALLY Paul, what would we ever do without him reminding us every two seconds that he sells illegally copyrighted material? LOL
I guess they don't have those laws in the jungles of tanzania!

Custom Search