PDA

View Full Version : MK 6501 Dreadfull Registration and Skewing, Sheet By Sheet

Custom Search

SmokinAussie
12-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Hi There,

I'm an owner of a KM 6501 with Tray 4 and 5 PF, and the large SD-506 booklet maker. I do have a full field service manual and access to the service menu on the machine.

I am no expert, but even the techs are stumped with this.

Registration front to back, sheet to sheet can vary by more than 5mm. I've done what I can regarding CD Skew and Registration loop timing, but as I said I'm no expert.

Is there anyone out there who could give me a "step by step" registration setup for Idiots, or if such a tread already exists, please point me to it.

Any assistance would be very greatly appreciated

Regards

Bill

P.S. My Smokin' is BBQ! Low and Slow!

methogod
12-13-2013, 11:16 AM
your PF is not level...

well test this first.

Run some 60# 11x17 from tray 1, set it up to get close to what ever you use to test - get a test file to register close to perfect.

then just move the paper to tray 5. using the same paper profile.

Now it should be off a bit, but it should not be off 5mm.

thats one way..

SmokinAussie
12-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Right,

I'll try this and let you know.

Thanks...

Herrmann
12-14-2013, 01:10 AM
This is from a Troubleshooting Guide:
The centering sensor located at the PFU exit detects paper edge and calculates the off-center
amount. For the correction, the image writing position is shifted according to the detected
off-center amount to achieve high accuracy of the registration between side 1 and side 2.
The off-center detection range is +/-5mm and if off-center amount exceeds the detection range,
the centering correction mechanism cannot work. Consequently, the image suddenly shifts
by around 5mm.

So you should check out at first, if the centering sensor is clean and its opposite, a black tape is not worn or soiled with white paper dust. Then control, if the paper deck is properly aligned with the mashine.

I assume, that you did the centering adjustment properly: Service mode-->01printer adjustment--->02centering adjustment

hope that helps

SmokinAussie
12-16-2013, 01:59 AM
Well, thanks for the advice so far.

Centering adjustment is within specification. The sensor PS25 was located and cleaned. It was very dusty, but otherwise is fine.

So, when running single sided, registration now appears fine, sheet to sheet. On duplex jobs the reverse side is consistently misregistering and skewing sheet by sheet.

As far as the PFU is concerned, The door slightly impact on the body of the 6501 when opening / closing this. It was not that way before, suggesting it is out of alignment, but the two units are put together so well, there is no budging either one, so I can't see how that could have changed. I do not seem to have any instructions for removing the PF and aligning it properly. Do I need to do this, and if so how???

Cheers!

Bill

ranger1
12-16-2013, 04:38 PM
The best way i have found is to register your paper trays to spec. Then do all your page adjustments with the Fiery software under the Finishing tab/ Image shift. seems to hold registration better this way.

dljorg
01-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Try turning off the centering sensor for tray 4 and 5 - with DIP Switch 26 position 4 to one disables the sensor. Then do the centering adjustments and run test copies. If the jumping around stops you have just identified the sensor as the culprit.

Another possibility is that one of the side guides in the PF unit has popped a gear tooth and is out of time shifted away from the operator. This happens when the tray is pretty full and is closed too firmly. Result is the paper stack is right at the 5mm limit the centering sensor can fix. Every now and then it will be just a bit too far and as noted above the centering sensor quits giving a 5mm image shift.

23694 Size sensor in bottom of tray, note timing mark dots lined up

23695 Timing marks on side guide gear rack pointed EXACTLY at one another - remove the central pinion gear to line them up

Custom Search