PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C454e w/ SD-511 Booklet issue

Custom Search

Phrag
12-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Hi everyone.

I got a small issue with a customer's C454e, or more specifically, the SD unit. This customer is about 3 1/2 hours out of town as well, to make things better.

It's an intermittent issue with booklets (and likely whatever else uses to SD unit.

There is a black guide which I assume it operated by a motor, or solenoid. What seems to be happening is that sometimes as a sheet has passed this guide, is that it doesn't return back to it's fully open position. Instead it sits too close to the paper path, and as the next sheet is feed through, it skips off the top of the guide, and ends up outside of the SD unit, and then it detects a misfeed/jam. The two codes I got here with me are J72-25 (5x) and J72-87 (2x).

I've check CSES but, nothing related to these jam codes. There is firmware for an issue about how a certain version can't control a particular motor properly, (which doesn't seem to be the one that controls the guide.

It looks like there's a metal tab on the front side which activates a photosensor in the closed position, which

Basically, I can't find anything on CSES about it. It's random. I was hoping someone may have had a similar issue, and had a fix for it, or could point me in the right direction.

It's not an urgent issue, and although we have about 2 or 3 of these machines out there, only this one is exhibiting this symptom.

I've attached a couple of pictures for your enjoyment.

Phrag
12-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Here's the amended picture of untitled. Other one was TOO small.

occus
12-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Hi Phrag

That's a really good input for me... i started a thread "FS-534 on bizhub c224e"
My customer had a c224e/FS-534/SD-509 and he told me that he get error messages, "Jam, please take paper out of tray" but there is no paper jam, no paper inside the machine. And it occurs before the tray is full, (specification is 20 sheets).
On this "bad days", mostly the machine works good, the output of the half folded sheets is not good aligned.

on the next visit, i would check the counter of errors in tech mode.

Custom Search