PDA

View Full Version : C6001 code Bizhub 361

Custom Search

blazebusiness
12-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Oh, boy...... looks like it's time to replace the oacb. I've been lucky enough to never have one fail on a Konica but with the C-6001 code we started by replacing the ccd assy and the flat ribbon cable hoping that would be the fix. The ICP 3401 chip below the cn46 connector on the oacb is what goes bad but since it looks like that chip is not a plug in type ic - desoldering it seems like more work than just swapping out the oacb(which was easy to pull from a working high meter machine in our warehouse). Will go out to the customer and swap the oacb but since that board has the nvram and compact flash card my question is this---------- will we be ok just swapping the nvram board from the bad oacb or will this cause a serial # or license conflict. Or can we just use the oacb from the parts machine with it's origional nvram. As always , your advice is much appreciated.

blazebusiness
12-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Pics are always nice:

Here's some pics for reference purposes that may help some tech in the future to locate the icp. Note......the ic 3401 is the large ic chip below the cn46 connector. The chip you need to measure with the multimeter is the icp 3401 which is the tiny chip nearby it. Anyway, if no one responds to the question about replacing the oacb/nvram.....I'll figure it out and post back so the info will be available to help others later.23350

Synaux
12-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Pretty sure that typical OACB replacement procedure is to reuse the NVRAM and CF card from the bad board.
Also, as I understand it, the issue could be the NVRAM itself.

I think the serial and licensing data is stored in the NVRAM itself; hopefully someone will set me straight if I am mistaken.

blackcat4866
12-21-2013, 01:57 AM
You will have licensing issues. Why is it that my best stories all leave me looking foolish?

I had installed a bizhub 501, the first one I'd ever seen. I set up the networking, but the darned thing wouldn't print. I could access the web page, and ping it, but it wouldn't print. I had ordered an OACB. When I installed it, it immediately went into a message: "A licensing error has occurred ... ". In the end I re-installed the original OACB and the error stayed gone.

Well, the office girl knew right away what the matter was. She has spent years working with the salesmen, ordering the various accessories, so she knew exactly what was needed. She asked me if the IC-207 print controller was installed. Of course it wasn't. =^..^=

blazebusiness
12-21-2013, 07:34 PM
You will have licensing issues. Why is it that my best stories all leave me looking foolish?

I had installed a bizhub 501, the first one I'd ever seen. I set up the networking, but the darned thing wouldn't print. I could access the web page, and ping it, but it wouldn't print. I had ordered an OACB. When I installed it, it immediately went into a message: "A licensing error has occurred ... ". In the end I re-installed the original OACB and the error stayed gone.

Well, the office girl knew right away what the matter was. She has spent years working with the salesmen, ordering the various accessories, so she knew exactly what was needed. She asked me if the IC-207 print controller was installed. Of course it wasn't. =^..^=
Well, call me lucky again.....was about to swap the oacb and just to be thorough I cleaned the ribbon cable connections that plugs into cn46 and reset the code by holding down the utility key during power on and code is now gone. Before cleaning the connector the trouble reset procedure would never help. Dirty connector I guess. Thanks to Blackcat and Synaux for the replies. Merry Christmas Guys!

A quick afterthought....would I have avoided the conflicts/ser #/license issues if I had used both the oacb and the nvram from another working unit?

blackcat4866
12-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Negative. =^..^=

methogod
12-22-2013, 04:31 AM
think of NV ram as a serial number it self... it needs to stay with the machine...

i have seen boards swapped on bigger 920s/950s and the meter jumps from 2M to 10M, i was like did you swap the NV ram board.

you should always keep the old NV ram with the MPF, unless you find its the NV ram, but i would do a all clear and reset first. if it is the NV ram you need to deal with konica. no way around it.

Synaux
12-22-2013, 05:01 AM
think of NV ram as a serial number it self... it needs to stay with the machine...

i have seen boards swapped on bigger 920s/950s and the meter jumps from 2M to 10M, i was like did you swap the NV ram board.

you should always keep the old NV ram with the MPF, unless you find its the NV ram, but i would do a all clear and reset first. if it is the NV ram you need to deal with konica. no way around it.

Right, you might be able to switch the NVRAMs but it will cause problems. NVRAM hosts the meter count and basically hosts the identity for the machine.

Custom Search