PDA

View Full Version : BIZHUB C284e JAMMING TRAY 2 & 3 J20-02 INTERMITTANTLY

Custom Search

scottengineer
12-23-2013, 03:46 PM
LOOKING FOR SOME ASSISTANCE HERE PLEASE...

BEEN LOOKING AT A KONICA MINOLTA C284e FEED SECTION FOR AGES, IT JAMS INTERMITTANTLY AND ALWAYS WITH THE ERROR CODE J20-02 I HAVE FITTED NEW MODIFIED TRACTOR PICK UP ROLLERS AND ADJUSTED THE LOOP BUT STILL JAMMING JUST MORE INTERMITTANT.... HAPPY CUSTOMER AS YOU CAN GUESS. HAVE SPOKEN WITH KM TECH BUT ONLY SUGESTING CLUTCHES AND POSSIBLY PWB'S THE PAPER IS NOT FULLY LEAVING THE TRAY BEFORE IT STOPS NOT REACHING THE VERTICAL TRANSPORT SENSOR AND ONLY JAMMING FROM TRAY 2 AND 3 (LCC).

ANY IDEAS????
THANKS
SCOTT

JustManuals
12-23-2013, 06:31 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

JSC
12-23-2013, 09:08 PM
LOOKING FOR SOME ASSISTANCE HERE PLEASE...

BEEN LOOKING AT A KONICA MINOLTA C284e FEED SECTION FOR AGES, IT JAMS INTERMITTANTLY AND ALWAYS WITH THE ERROR CODE J20-02 I HAVE FITTED NEW MODIFIED TRACTOR PICK UP ROLLERS AND ADJUSTED THE LOOP BUT STILL JAMMING JUST MORE INTERMITTANT.... HAPPY CUSTOMER AS YOU CAN GUESS. HAVE SPOKEN WITH KM TECH BUT ONLY SUGESTING CLUTCHES AND POSSIBLY PWB'S THE PAPER IS NOT FULLY LEAVING THE TRAY BEFORE IT STOPS NOT REACHING THE VERTICAL TRANSPORT SENSOR AND ONLY JAMMING FROM TRAY 2 AND 3 (LCC).

ANY IDEAS????
THANKS
SCOTT

Yea, had quite a few doing this, not always for the same reason though. Do the basics first and that includes changing the pick up spring and changing the clutches. From memory there is a bulletin about jamming from tray 3, it's a one way bearing in a gear I think, I will hunt around and see if I can find it. I normally keep them on my lapie as trying to find anything now on Konica Minolta's wonderful tech site makes me want to kill someone after 10min.

minimerlin
12-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I have been getting the same jams on C454s (same feed systems as 284). The cause seems to be the little torque limiters on the sep roller shaft...they are filled with chinese black grease that goes hard causing the feed to stall, so gives J20 jam codes. Wash out the grease with IPA and relub with a little silicon oil...machine happy again. Or just get new parts..and hope not pre greased!

minimerlin
12-23-2013, 09:38 PM
I have been getting the same jams on C454s (same feed systems as 284). The cause seems to be the little torque limiters on the sep roller shaft...they are filled with chinese black grease that goes hard causing the feed to stall, so gives J20 jam codes. Wash out the grease with IPA and relub with a little silicon oil...machine happy again. Or just get new parts..and hope not pre greased!

(Please don`t shout I have a head ache...sorry!)

Synaux
12-23-2013, 11:49 PM

(Please don`t shout I have a head ache...sorry!)

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE YELLING ABOUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8

STACVB
12-24-2013, 07:57 AM
You can change the spring (interne notification KM) but you can look also the hook in the middle of the right door, déformation ?
(sorry for my bad English from France)

Custom Search