PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Line

Custom Search

Vlad
03-13-2008, 02:30 AM
Question to the techs with experience with Samsung machines:
Are they good machines, especially SCX-6322DN (Xerox 4150) and SCX-6345N? How do they compare with SHARP and Xerox? Thanks.

Tonerbomb
03-14-2008, 02:27 AM
SAMSUCKS ! major pain in the ass to deal with for warrante!!!

P.S compete against the major off the shelf and online retailers, then get stuck with warrante work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arriva1
04-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I've had great luck with both of those models and two day turn around on warranty parts. The 6345 is a really nice machine. Its fast, small, and comes standard with print, nic, and scan. I've got 5 of them out and haven't had to order any warranty parts and the customers love them.

just a tech
04-20-2008, 07:31 PM
we've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-35 of those models in the field so far. have had two warranty returns that stick out in memory. had to replace an LCD one one (lines running through display), and a fax board on the other. all in all, not bad for what they are, but really good at what they are not..

Vlad
04-20-2008, 08:00 PM
we've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-35 of those models in the field so far. have had two warranty returns that stick out in memory. had to replace an LCD one one (lines running through display), and a fax board on the other. all in all, not bad for what they are, but really good at what they are not..

How about SCX-6322DN? We never sold or serviced Samsung machines and, as you know, the most important from a technician's point of view is the reliability of any machine. We have been selling Sharp for a couple of decades. Of course, there are no perfectly reliable machines but if Samsung is as reliable as Sharp it will work for us. Samsung rep showed us a report from BLI where 6322DN and 6345N were tested for 200K without a single jam or a service call. What would be your comment? Thanks in advance. Vlad.

Vlad
04-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Who do you think is the best Samsung distributor to deal with?

arriva1
04-20-2008, 09:15 PM
I deal with Collins Distributing out of Tennessee. They have great tech support. I also get my Sharp and Toshiba's from them. Good distributor never had any problems that weren't quickly resolved.
Base-Wright moore is another. They have some good package pricing sometimes. Haven't tried their tech support yet, if they have it, but im sure they do.

just a tech
04-21-2008, 03:21 AM
we were dealing with "base wright-moore" for a while. now we are dealing as a Samsung Authorized Service Center through Samsung directly. and as far as the 6322 and the 6345--- i'd have to go with the 6345 if i had to pick one.

freedomtt
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm not a huge Samsung fan. We have been selling the servicing this line for about 2 years now. We only have a few of the 6320/6322's in the field. They aren't too bad as far as reliability, it's more user issues and dealing with Samsung that steer me away from putting any more out there.

The 6345 on the other hand is great. We sell this box under another name now and have much more success, no more buying through distributors and dealing with their (lack of) service departments.

jpcopy
04-28-2008, 10:26 PM
next time one of you guys are around one of your 6345s run an internal print then run that copy thru doc feeder and look a copy. doesn't it look a little distorted. also check with a good test pattern. I could push them if not for this.

Mad Dog
05-09-2008, 11:04 PM
I serviced scx5315 and scx6320 and all FO sharps I prefer the samsungs. The sharp drums last longer. The samsung drums go out pretty quick and waste toner container will start over flowing if not replaced soon enough. With sharps the biggest problems are with the driving gears it takes a lot of time to fix those. If you account for the extra cost of the samsung drums in my opinion the samsung are better.

Vlad
05-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks. I was thinking of selling and servicing
SCX-4725/5530/6322s. Sharp FO series I don't touch for quite some time. I like Sharp products but Samsung has these MFPs that Sharp lacks. What do you think of the SCX models I mentioned. Thanks again.

Custom Search