PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 421 general copy question

Custom Search

brent
12-26-2013, 04:55 PM
this is so silly its almost ridiculious. bizhub 421 will work by using the doc feeder no prob. when I put an original on the glass it says load next original then start. it almost t hinks I am making 2 sided off the glass. I don't know what setting I need to make to use the glass just to make a simple copy. and yes I have the service book. any ideas?

thanks brent

emujo
12-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Sounds like you have "offset" or "sort" on as a default. When you make a copy from the glass, the MFP is waiting for you to place the next original before it compiles the job. Done automatically though the feeder. Emujo

brent
12-26-2013, 06:58 PM
emjo. you are right. it is set to always sort. the werid thing. is it never had this situation until this week.
if they do 2 sets it will automatically sort. do Ineed to disable this to make the copying normal from the glass?

you are a genious.. and thank you

brent

solidzdawg
12-27-2013, 12:31 AM
I have had that happen as well, mainly when switching to tray to 1 on the POS FS-522..I was waiting for a shutter to fix both tray operations and then hearing from the client the next morning with said part why they have to hit "extra buttons to copy now"

Disable Sort or Offset, I do not remember which one took care of it (I would guess Sort but who knows)

-Z

brent
12-27-2013, 03:04 AM
more annoyed I am now. I spent half hour on it right before 5. I had previously a month ago made in the users settings copier settings to auto sort/group to on. then saved that in current settings. so today I disabled that. well it worked for about 5 minutes. then it took a crap again. it is confusing. as I picked a tray and when I disabled the auto paper select. it worked fine. but now it wont work. I did have a glimmer of hope. I will look again tomorrow. and I was going to initialize the machine. but I only know how to initialize or reset when there is a fuser code on the screen. back to the book I guess

brent

solidzdawg
12-27-2013, 06:43 AM
im Confused what do you mean by taking a crap?

I change the default finishing settings to whatever is needed, then go to user settings and set these settings as default... its a little funky how you have to do it.

SmellsHot
12-30-2013, 12:21 PM
If I'm not mistaking there is a setting to turn this feature "off"
I'd turn your settings back to factory default.....before you start pulling your hair out....LOL

brent
12-30-2013, 04:20 PM
I did reset it back to factory. it still persists. its the e asy ones that are killing me it seems.

I am going throught the operators manual now. its gotta be in there.

thanks
brent

brent
01-02-2014, 04:04 PM
we got it. there was a tad on it. cant group and sort. or something like that. it was an easy fix. that caused me some major prob
anywayss thanks you all

happy new year!!!!

emujo
01-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Ran into this same issue on a C364e w/o finisher, had my default finishing to group, offset and sort off. Still was prompting the user to load next original or touch finish...Turns out under Utility/user settings/system settings/page 2, there is a new icon for "separate scan from platen" and it is on by default. Hope this can help someone. Emujo

emujo
01-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Well, why don't you just post a picture and let us be the judge of that...I can already tell you are quite rude, so you're gonna have to be at least an 8 to overcome this personality flaw...Emujo

copier tech
01-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Ran into this same issue on a C364e w/o finisher, had my default finishing to group, offset and sort off. Still was prompting the user to load next original or touch finish...Turns out under Utility/user settings/system settings/page 2, there is a new icon for "separate scan from platen" and it is on by default. Hope this can help someone. EmujoThis caught me out last week!

emujo
06-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Well, why don't you just post a picture and let us be the judge of that...I can already tell you are quite rude, so you're gonna have to be at least an 8 to overcome this personality flaw...Emujo

WTF...Why did I post this????I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about here...Emujo

brent
06-11-2014, 07:24 PM
emujo. if you were scrolling through your old posts and seen this maybe someone has erased their comments. it does seem random that this was posted.. lol maybe you are loosing it. I am 41 and cant remember what I did this morning.. lol

I do appreciate all your help on this website

brent

Custom Search