PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta DI 470 password setting help!

Custom Search

century
03-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Hello everyone, can you show me how to set a password on Konica DI470, so every time some one want to make a copy they have to enter password first. Thanks

mitchl
03-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Hello everyone, can you show me how to set a password on Konica DI470, so every time some one want to make a copy they have to enter password first. Thanks
You want to turn on what KM calls copy track..... press utility, then admin(default passcode is all zero's), copytrack should be on the panel, select it and turn it on and I believe that you can select either 100 4 digit accounts or 1000 3 digit accounts. You should be good to go at that point!:)

century
03-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Hello Mitchi, Thanks for your information, it's work @ the first try.
Also, I have another question about scan (same machine).

I try to set up scan to folder. The problem is after I set up everything by pagescope cabinet, go scan, scan to folder, input all host name, PC IP, directory of FTP folder, username and password of PC and save, then restart the copier. But when I hit scan button on the copier, there are no touch button for scan to folder? there are only touch button for scan to email. That's mean what ever I am setting on pagescope cabinet is not show on copier. Do you know what am I doing wrong? Please help

Thanks

mitchl
03-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Hello Mitchi, Thanks for your information, it's work @ the first try.
Also, I have another question about scan (same machine).

I try to set up scan to folder. The problem is after I set up everything by pagescope cabinet, go scan, scan to folder, input all host name, PC IP, directory of FTP folder, username and password of PC and save, then restart the copier. But when I hit scan button on the copier, there are no touch button for scan to folder? there are only touch button for scan to email. That's mean what ever I am setting on pagescope cabinet is not show on copier. Do you know what am I doing wrong? Please help

Thanks
You need to use the name and password for the FTP site not the PC. Go to utility and select the scan setup button, pick a one touch and follow the instruction from there, the FTP will need to be setup identical to the machine or it wont work........... Including the name as it is case sensitive.

century
03-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks for quick responsed. I will try tomorrow again. But I still confusing about 2 more thing if you can clear it for me.

- Why I set up on pagescope cabinet (web interface) for one touch under scan to folder, and it not show up on copier?

- If I have to manually input on copier then I have another problem. they only have one touch button for scan to email, not scan to folder.
Thanks

mitchl
03-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Thanks for quick responsed. I will try tomorrow again. But I still confusing about 2 more thing if you can clear it for me.

- Why I set up on pagescope cabinet (web interface) for one touch under scan to folder, and it not show up on copier?

- If I have to manually input on copier then I have another problem. they only have one touch button for scan to email, not scan to folder.
Thanks
You have to create a one touch button for FTP scanning, do what I said and follow the instructions from that point on.

mitchl
03-13-2008, 11:55 PM
You have to create a one touch button for FTP scanning, do what I said and follow the instructions from that point on.
I dont think you have to use Pagescope for FTP scanning, I pretty sure you can set it up on the machine and the PC without it.......... This is why I have a I.T guy though, I'll verify in the morning when I see him unless someone else here can answer the question before then!

Scott_Lewis
03-14-2008, 03:09 AM
I dont think you have to use Pagescope for FTP scanning, I pretty sure you can set it up on the machine and the PC without it.......... This is why I have a I.T guy though, I'll verify in the morning when I see him unless someone else here can answer the question before then!

Pagescope Cabinet -IS- FTP plus a bunch of, IMO, bloated worthless features. With the older version of PSCabinet, I used to just run the ftp executable. I only ran the main program to set the parameters for the ftp utility.

But, you are right about not having to run PSCabinet.......but, you must run some flavor of FTP on a PC for scan to ftp to work.

Custom Search