PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 423 jamming.

Custom Search

brent
12-27-2013, 03:11 AM
I have about 30 or so of these machines in the field. great for some things. heavier paper not so much
most of my calls seem to be paper jam second tray. about 3 inches out of the tray. well its almost always the vertical transport lower roller is dirty. heavier paper. colored paper. etc. will get this roller dirty. and it is a real sore spot for this machine. in my experience. is anybody else having this issue? the 421 seemed to be a lot better in paper handling. but didnt wanna compare the 2. becuase they both are good and bad in some ways. anyways. thanks

brent

JustManuals
12-27-2013, 03:47 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

brent
12-27-2013, 04:12 AM
I am a dealer. I have manuals. but thank you
I always try to mention that in my posts. but missed this

brent

blackcat4866
12-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Forget manufacturer yields on the rollers. If you can successfully get 150k to 180k ... well that's magnificent. Also take the time to clean and lubricate the one-way bearings in the feed unit.

Oh, one more thing: I don't know how common it is, but I had discovered worn out registration roller bushings at 700k. At the rear, both bushings were worn right through the sidewall. I've got machines with twice this count, so I'll be very curious to see how widespread it i. Symptoms were paper skew, mainly from tray #2, sorry I don't recall the jam code.
=^..^=

brent
12-27-2013, 02:27 PM
The feed tires. Arbors. Shafts clutches. All new. Machine has around 350k. I forgot to mention that. Also the machine will copy plain white paper all day. Just that other paper clogs up the machine. It's a fact that some paper just won't work. And I found it. Or I need to figure out absolution

SmellsHot
12-30-2013, 12:09 PM
I had a few of the 423 series come brand new with bad fusers....Maybe there's a bad batch of them out there....Kept getting j3205 jam codes. Swapped out the fuser and they worked great after that.....

brent
12-30-2013, 10:27 PM
this machine does not jam in fuser. it works perfect on regular paper. it jams in the transport section upon using a lot of the special crappy paper

brent

SmellsHot
12-30-2013, 10:54 PM
The paper doesnt stop in the fuser. It jams only on multiple sets theres usually just a piece of paper just before transport. It does register the 3205 though so u would see that on the jam counter....

Are u changin the paper type at all when using this 'other' paper?
what are ur jam codes?

brent
12-30-2013, 11:27 PM
the computer guy has been there and set up the machine. and I have indeed changed "type" of paper to a thicker paper type
but when we print to it. it hates it. do darn complicated it seems. I guess I could try to work with the computer guy to make it compatible
this machine is posessed. becuase it clearly has legal bottom tray. it sees it. but wont print. so to answer your question. the machine probably still thinks it has 20 lb paper in it. but regardless. I would have to go back in the book to see if that would change the function to help it feed better. remember the paper is leaving the tray but getting stuck at the transport roller. when cleaned it works again. it just gets so dirty so fast

I really appreciate you guys and gals

brent

blackcat4866
12-31-2013, 12:00 AM
... remember the paper is leaving the tray but getting stuck at the transport roller. when cleaned it works again. it just gets so dirty so fast
brent

As a paper issue, if the rollers just won't stay clean there's nothing left to do. =^..^=

brent
12-31-2013, 12:46 AM
As a paper issue, if the rollers just won't stay clean there's nothing left to do. =^..^=
I agree black cat. I'm overthinking the obvious. And just wish the end user would realize. As a funny part of this story I went and cleaned it on Thursday and the end-user told me to just come once a week and clean the roller I said that was not part of the contract I gave her a bottle of cleaner and some pads so they could clean it herself I guess I'm at the end of my rope on this one

NRTech
01-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Check the tray for breakage at the front or rear, I've had a few issues with 423 range trays not closing correctly, not detecting paper and jamming and breaking. There's a small plastic rectangular moulding at the rear right-hand side of the tray that engages with the pick up lever in the feed unit. Slap a little grease on the rectangle or the pickup arm so that the tray closes smoothly. Might help.

Motormount
01-08-2014, 01:39 AM
the computer guy has been there and set up the machine. and I have indeed changed "type" of paper to a thicker paper type
but when we print to it. it hates it. do darn complicated it seems. I guess I could try to work with the computer guy to make it compatible
this machine is posessed. becuase it clearly has legal bottom tray. it sees it. but wont print. so to answer your question. the machine probably still thinks it has 20 lb paper in it. but regardless. I would have to go back in the book to see if that would change the function to help it feed better. remember the paper is leaving the tray but getting stuck at the transport roller. when cleaned it works again. it just gets so dirty so fast

I really appreciate you guys and gals

brent

Aren't you able to change the paper type and weight thru the control panel?

brent
01-08-2014, 02:15 AM
We changed paper type yes. And changed drawer priority and it is working awesome now
remember the roller was filled with toner and crud. So we combatted that by changing the paper source to tray one. The problem is fixed and I thank you for your thoughts and suggestions

Custom Search