PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C351 won't scan to server share.

Custom Search

ScottN
12-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Hi all,

I have a customer with a Bizhub C351 that suddently decided it does not want to scan to the server on their network. It was working just fine and then after a recent server reboot it is not. The error message from the copier side says that it can't find the server. We have the copier programmed to access the server via IP address and username/password. I verified that it's the correct IP and that the username and password are correct but no luck?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott

Synaux
12-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi all,
It was working just fine and then after a recent server reboot it is not.

Sounds like a server-side issue.
What OS is the server running?
What method are you using for scanning?
Have you tried pinging the MFP?

ScottN
12-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Sounds like a server-side issue.
What OS is the server running?
What method are you using for scanning?
Have you tried pinging the MFP?

Server is Windows 2008 with current service packs.
We're using SMB for scanning.
I can ping the MFP from the server with no issues.
I double checked the ip addresses and username/password for SMB too.

I think I remember something in the past about an ip security setting on the server that's not compatible with certain SMB requirements? Could that turn itself on?

wseyller
12-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Some older copiers require firmware update or special firmware to scan to some server os due to differences in protocols. Make sure exceptions is enabled in windows firewall to allow file and printer sharing. If this server is a domain controller make sure that in the security policy setting that Digitally Sign Communications (always) is disable. If enable it will required that SMB packets are digitally signed and will keep devices like linux or some copiers from sending SMB communications.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ScottN
12-30-2013, 03:34 PM
This is what I have on the server. Looks all right to me:

Custom Search