PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 601 fs 524 problem

Custom Search

brent
12-28-2013, 09:14 AM
more of a rattle. I have a bizhub 601 equipped with the fs 524 it was new 2 weeks ago. total count on the copier is 4500 prints. this finisher has developed a rather loud rattle when copying. I opened the back of the unit. and watched it. listened. and have lubed the brass bushings in the upper and lower drive train. with no effects. I just have no ideas what I may have missed. there has been a couple of jams in the machine. here and there. but was just trying to narrow it down. what is the general consensis of what to do. in this situation? I have trired to narrow it down by removing a lot of componets and isolating. but it is kind of difficult. any thoughts? I do have the manual as well
I appreciate any help and I thank you
brent

blackcat4866
12-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Especially in low volume locations, the foam de-curling rollers can develop flat spots. Each time one of these flat spots rolls around you get a "thump". It almost sounds like a hammering sound. I've seen it on a wide variety of equipment.

The bad news? If the machine remains in the low volume location, the new de-curl rollers will get the same flat spots again. The only "cure" that I know of is more volume. Keep those rollers spinning.

To be sure, manually rotate the de-curl rollers checking for flat spots. If they're there you'll find them right away. =^..^=

brent
12-28-2013, 03:47 PM
When the machine is working and the back cover is off it's almost unbelievable. How Noisey it is. And yes it is in a low volume area for sure. I will check it out. And I thank you. Oh and it would get a little quieter when a piece of paper slid through that section. So you are probably right. Darn you black cat. You know everything!! lol. Haha. Thanks again
brent

Custom Search